Early Or Late 92???

RANOVRU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been looking at injectors and GPs and am wondering how to tell whether my truck is a "early" or "late" 92. How to tell??

Also, what other differences in regards to maintainence (inj, GPs, IP) between early or late?? Just want to make sure I get the right stuff.

Thx, Jon

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check the door tag. An early is usually made the year before, ie: 09/91, and late would be ie: 03/92. Something like that.

In regards to the IP, injectors, GP's and GP controller, it prolly won't make a difference wether it's early or late.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I have never heard of a early or late 92 truck. As far as a pump or injectors it really doesn't mean anything because anything will fix and work. Its common knowledge here that a set of Bb code injectors will wake up any idi engine. A pop tested and matched set will work even better. Delhpi is about all we can buy any longer and they are made in mexico. Most sellers have a back order on them so if you find a set buy it but don't spend more than around $250.00 for 8. Some ebay sellers are asking $400.00 per set... They must be wearing a mask selling them that high....Someone might be telling you the wrong information on the early and late issues.I have not heard of this ever.:dunno

RANOVRU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked several of the sites/links provided in the "DPS thread" and almost all of them mentioned early or late 92 and something about having a serpentine belt or not, in relation to which injectors/GPs/IP to get??

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
Early 92 had V-belts, Late had the serp.
Late had the torque screw, and E codes.

RANOVRU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mines got the serp and the date on the inside of the door says 3/92 so I guess mines a "late".

Just wasnt aware there was any differences in the fuel system/ignition between years?

LSOSGT1109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe there was a difference in what code injectors they came with new from Ford and a differnce in the torque screw on the pump like someone above said but I don't think that matters when your replacing the pump and injectors now. Everyone is saying BB injectors for any IDI now, wish I had known that a month ago when I bought 8 new G codes for my 94 IDI turbo but oh well I'm rich so I'll just buy some new BB codes! LOL