e4od trans help

rhanae

Reaction score
ok guys here goes.for some reason my truck will not take off now?if i get out pop the hood and disconect the tps then plug it back in the truck will go but slams like crazy!also it wont take off in od at all.it did this awhile ago but i rammed the crap out of it then it drove fine for a month.now its back and it wont go away!!ive bein driving it for two weeks like this and iam sick of it.can someone help please! o its a 94 ext cab 4x4.

wanderer

Obtuse Degenerate
Reaction score
rhanae said:
ok guys here goes.for some reason my truck will not take off now?if i get out pop the hood and disconect the tps then plug it back in the truck will go but slams like crazy!also it wont take off in od at all.it did this awhile ago but i rammed the crap out of it then it drove fine for a month.now its back and it wont go away!!ive bein driving it for two weeks like this and iam sick of it.can someone help please! o its a 94 ext cab 4x4.

Can you say "Rebuild Time"? ;Really

rhanae

Reaction score
really?why does it shift so good when i unplug the tps?

dieselmanic

Reaction score
need a bit more information. does the o/d light flash? that means a code is stored in memory. when it's slow wo accel, it sounds like it's in failsafe mode. that slam shifting is from lack of tps signal and is very harmful to tranny hard parts. really need to check all the inputs from various sensors and diagnose the problem. sensors include: tps, rpm, speedo, temp. git after it:)

rhanae

Reaction score
the od light only flashes after i un hook the tps.iam kinda new to this so here is what ive done allready.flushed the tranny.unhooked cleaned and greased all conections on tranny and rear end.unless there is one i missed?the speedo works fine and the tack also works fine.is there a temp sensor on the tranny?also if i step on the accel hard it will grab.it seems to me if the tanny were bad it would have quit moving by now its bein over two weeks!

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look through old posts here and check all your trans related sensors. Most likely you will find your problem in one or more of the sensors.

Too many people have "rebuilt" transmissions only to have the same problem, since the computer controls shifts.