e4od to zf5 swap

aaronr19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i recently did a zf5 swap only took 8 hours to drop my auto put the manual in and bleed have had 0 problems and been towing anyways my question is the reverse lights. what wires do i have to splice to make my reverse lights work its been about 2 weeks with no reverse lights and lots of backing up with a boat and my 5th wheel and im tired of no lights. zf5 was fully rebuilt with new clutch and everyything for only $500 and then did a dana 60 kingpin swap for only $350 basicly scored on both couldnt pass them up

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year truck do you have? The wires should be down there, they used to go to the switch on the side of the tranny. I am assuming in this same wiring bundle you spliced two wires together so it would crank over.

In 89 they are the black/pink and purple/orange wires down at the tranny switch.

Last edited:

aaronr19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its a 93 f250 7.3 just trying to figure out wire colors is all i assumed it would be in the same plug as the one to make it crank just extremly lazy to go spend the time to figure it out been super busy rebuilding a chevy motor LOL chevy problems