e4od to zf5 conversion

truckermark

her names birtha
Reaction score
i am looking on some info to convert from my pain in the ass e4od to a zf5.. any ine hve any experiance with this or have done this?

mechanicly inclined id just like to get a know howq of what i am up against

ToughOldFord

The Cold Glow-Plug
Reaction score
Shouldn't be too bad, transmission, driveline, pedal assembly from your generation truck, clutch and flywheel, transmission cover (cab floor center), crossmember, and steering column if you want it to look right.

Edit: + Clutch master, slave, and line.

Last edited:

hotshotidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i did one you gotta tie some wires together on a pstroke i don't know about idi but its pretty straight forward tear out all the automatic trans parts. get a zf trans clutch pedals,flywheel,bolts and new clutch,go to a salvage yard to get the drive shaft or get your front shortened and rear extended at a drive shaft shop

truckermark

her names birtha
Reaction score
i did one you gotta tie some wires together on a pstroke i don't know about idi but its pretty straight forward tear out all the automatic trans parts. get a zf trans clutch pedals,flywheel,bolts and new clutch,go to a salvage yard to get the drive shaft or get your front shortened and rear extended at a drive shaft shop

doesnt sound too bad. bout how much a clutch run ya?

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im looking into this, http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...eel-mu1944-1sk/19770235-P?searchTerm=flywheel it seems to have one good review and it comes with new flywheel at that, for a stock application i would think it would be fine, and if you go on google and type in advance auto discount codes there is a website that will come up(http://www.retailmenot.com/view/advanceautoparts.com) that can get you a nice discount, using the codes i can get that clutch kit with a new slave cylinder for $370 witch is obviously cheaper than the kit itself with an extra part

truckermark

her names birtha
Reaction score
alright so with a used 500 dollar zf5 im looking at about a grade thats not to bad!