E4OD soleniod pack

budget95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anybody tell me if the soleniod pack from a like year E150, 250 0r 350 tranny will interchange to mine? Or direct me to a link that has this info.
Also my old lady and I just bought a 2000 Excursion, and for some reason when you shift it to drive or reverse the radio mutes itself. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
98 and up 4R100 PWM solenoid pack. Is what you're looking for.

If the pack is bad you should be getting shift error codes.

budget95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would assume you recommend that one because its the updated version? Yes, I can't remember the code #. It was trans fluid temp sensor output high.

budget95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The transmission that I have in my truck is from a 94. I had to put the solenoid pack in from the 97 trans for the plug to match. Will the pulse width modulated solenoid pack work on the tranny. Or is it a matter of comparability with the ECM

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
If the Ex needs a pack that will be a 4R100 which is PWM. It's not compatible with anything but the 4R100

97 E4OD can use any solenoid pack in 95-98 group. 98 being non PWM.

budget95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the help. I can't wait to get my truck fixed. I've been stuck driving the mini van!

budget95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just brought my truck to a tranny shop. They told me that the tranny is not compatible with my truck. The shop owner does a lot of work for my girlfriends fathers shop and he is also Uncle to a good friend of mine. He has a good reputation for being very fair and truthfull to his customers! Although I'm not entirely convinced he is correct. Before I did the tranny swap I researched the compatability on this site and some google searching.
The wierd part of this is that the major issues with the tranny didn't start till I put in a new thermstat!
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
I just brought my truck to a tranny shop. They told me that the tranny is not compatible with my truck. The shop owner does a lot of work for my girlfriends fathers shop and he is also Uncle to a good friend of mine. He has a good reputation for being very fair and truthfull to his customers! Although I'm not entirely convinced he is correct. Before I did the tranny swap I researched the compatability on this site and some google searching.
The wierd part of this is that the major issues with the tranny didn't start till I put in a new thermstat!
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is the tranny case for a gas engine. Then it's not compatible. If the case is for a diesel it's compatible. You can use any diesel E4OD or 4R100 in a 97 truck.

idipwr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any diesel e-4od will work in your truck with the proper solonoid pack. I've done it many times. I hate when shops tell you it won't work. Well how do you know? Or just don't you know?

budget95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought so. Thank you everyone for all the valuable information. Looks like I need to stop listening to other people and refer all technical question to this site. Thanks again guys.

budget95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 94 tranny has been in the truck for over a year and a half. I was getting torque converter lock up failure codes before I changed it. I used the 6 stud converter and swapped in the 97 solenoid pack. Got the code maybe 3 times for converter failure with the new tranny. Truck hasn't had real heat since I bought it. Pulled a camping trailer last summer on the highway and i could hold my hand on the radiator. Change the thermostat a month ago. The very next day it gave code p0713 trans fluid temp sensor high output. Tranny overheat on me. I've cleared the codes twice and it gets code again and goes back into limp mode. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.