E4OD Adjustment?

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
Is there a way to adjust the selector on the E4OD? i've been having problems getting it in park,and the selector does not line up with the gear? I looked under the truck and did not see away to do it, is it in the steering column?:dunno

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
I think mine is in the column? It now has started not wanting to start in park, the selector is off real bad. Is there any way to adjust it on the column?

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
its a possibilty the tube on the column is broke, or the bottom bolts are loose.
usually the mpls doesnt need adjusted

RJMorrow

Reaction score
Yes, your trouble is in the bottom of the column. I had the same trouble with mine shortly after I bought it.Truck refused to go into park or if it did it would pop back out. I bought the MLPs but it was not the problem. I picked up a junk yard column to swap only to find two star head bolts at the bottom of my column had backed out. I repaired mine out of the truck so I cant say if you were to stand on your head, maybe you could get to it. Column removal really wasnt that bad

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
I got the book from the library no help in it, stop by the parts house the call the MLP a netural saftey switch? I guess I need to crawl under the dash and have a look see....:puke:

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
The MLPS has a couple of names. Ford, Transmission Range Sensor. Parts house usually a neutral safety switch. If I get the part from any auto parts store, I will call it a neutral safety switch. This avoids the blank look on the parts guys face.:D

Have you checked the two bolts that hold the shift lever in place. They are notorious for backing off.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin