E40D Not Locking Up

Magoo

Blind Brain Surgeon
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. Going to give it a go. I will try to have it fiqured out this weekend. Black powder season opens tommorow so if the weather is good(cold, rainy or snowing) I will be out hunting. Priorities get "fuzzy" :Sly this time of year.

Magoo

Blind Brain Surgeon
Reaction score
Ok .. pulled the codes with a scanner. Got a 23 and a 74. TPS out of range and the brake switch open. Cleared codes and rechecked and got the 74 back. Have yet to go run it hard to see if the trans was just the previous code or not. What is the 74 brake swith about? Magoo

Magoo

Blind Brain Surgeon
Reaction score
I checked the lights. Now the truck has a service bed and LED lights. The LED has maybe 20 small lights and there are 2 on each side that are lit up when the the key is on. It is a small amount of voltage. Ran out of time but will get after it again today. Still cant see how this would affect trans. Will let you know how it goes.

turbo69

Innocent Bystander
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, there was something quite a while back, I think at TDS, about how LED's did not draw enough amps to trigger the TCM into knowing whether or not the brake was on. However, I have always been led to believe that the signal reicieved from the BOO switch to the TCM was just a 12v trigger. The 74 code is telling you that the BOO switch, the Brake On-Off switch, is not properly working. It is located atop the brake pedal under the dash. It will have two wires coming from it. Trigger wire is a light green wire going to pin 2 of the TCM.