E series overhead console

Dave 001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did Ford ever put an overhead console in the 4th generation vans (1992 - 2013)? I'd like to find one for my truck.

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
I want one to for my '85 E350, but good luck finding one. I'm going to make my own. You'll probably be best off doing the same.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I would think one from an explorer or excursion would work just fine.

But I do understand wanting one from the right body style.

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
Seen some in PicknPull conversion vans, but nothing factory that I know of. Was just thinking about this possibility like yesterday, Dave 001!

ZWilson07

Cowboy
Reaction score
Did Ford ever put an overhead console in the 4th generation vans (1992 - 2013)? I'd like to find one for my truck.

Like mentioned, I don't know if they even came with many; or much less it being as good looking as the nicer expo ones.

I want one to for my '85 E350, but good luck finding one. I'm going to make my own. You'll probably be best off doing the same.

I plan on getting one of the nicer expo ones with green backlighting. I had a super nice one to do the swap for my 06 ranger but sold it. Now I wish I hadn't.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The company I work for has a number of E-series XLT vans; IIRC the oldest is an '03 or so and the newest is an '09. These vans pretty much have every option that was available from the factory at the time, and none of them have anything even remotely resembling an overhead console.

Based on that, I'm pretty sure that no overhead console existed from the factory. With that said, look for a conversion van...you can probably find an overhead console built by the company who outfitted the interior for the vans ;Sweet

sassyrel

Reaction score
in the past,,there have been a bunch of folks,,that have gotten the excursion one,,and reground the contours to fit the f series..get the whole wiring harness,,and note what wires go where..i remember one guy,,even said in his post,,what wires were for what,,he even got the temp sensor and wiring,,which was in the front grill area.........