Dyno results with Moose pump and injectors.

sootman73

Reaction score
i think that if heath put propane on his truck that he would probably overspeed his turbo by a considerable amount and risk blowing it up. A larger turbo would be less risky with the propane. Come on heath throw that dt466 turbo on there and then see what she does!

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
probably the cheapest thing would be to throw a PSD turbo on there then intercooler then propane or Heath can stop blowing money on 20,30,40 Hp and get started on adding 400,500,600 HP LOL

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think that if heath put propane on his truck that he would probably overspeed his turbo by a considerable amount and risk blowing it up. A larger turbo would be less risky with the propane. Come on heath throw that dt466 turbo on there and then see what she does!

An intercooler would drop his boost numbers by 2 or 3 pounds, not that that would really help the headgasket stay put. :D

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
heath put a bigger gauge on there and tell us what your producing for boost!:sly

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aric I doubt you'll get an argument that the PSD has more power potential, and they are great engines, plus doesn't sound like the 7.3 is too bad to work on, I bet it would be really easy if you had all the diagnostic software on your laptop with an easy way to plug into the engine's computer. I like and may someday own a 94-97 PSD, but I really like the IDI and hope I will always be able to have one. When the time comes to build an engine, it is gong to be sick. I know I'll never keep up with your modded powerstrokes or anyone else's but I think 300-maybe even 325 is very doable and still have some durability(crank numbers.... not wheels) these things are just not going to be getting any more plentiful but I think unless the government bans them we'll still have a niche of IDI parts both stock and performance.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I get a chance, I'm going to scan in the graph from this weekend dyno run and the ones from the '09 Rally. Like before, after 2900 RPM, things really start to fall off quickly.

Thanks for all the comments guys, but truely, it's a victory and a justification for what Mel is doing for the IDI community with his Moose products.

Heath

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Heath, ya got any coal rollin' pics of your dyno run? A pic and your stats would be a nice add to your signature. Yes, Moose products rock the house, and now Mel is teasing with a rally discount pump. July may be an expensive month.:sly

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as comparing against powerstrokes, I'd like to get some numbers with a complete moose injection system, an intercooler AND a proper turbocharger that doesn't strangle itself to reach 15 PSI. We are still not at the limit of what an IDI can do. would it catch a chipped powerstroke? don't care, but it can deliver more than 200 at the wheels.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Aric I doubt you'll get an argument that the PSD has more power potential, and they are great engines, plus doesn't sound like the 7.3 is too bad to work on, I bet it would be really easy if you had all the diagnostic software on your laptop with an easy way to plug into the engine's computer. I like and may someday own a 94-97 PSD, but I really like the IDI and hope I will always be able to have one. When the time comes to build an engine, it is gong to be sick. I know I'll never keep up with your modded powerstrokes or anyone else's but I think 300-maybe even 325 is very doable and still have some durability(crank numbers.... not wheels) these things are just not going to be getting any more plentiful but I think unless the government bans them we'll still have a niche of IDI parts both stock and performance.

If your refering to my post where I said he needs to get started adding 400,500,600 I wasn't saying he needed a psd I was reffering to his dt 466 repower hes gonna do ;Sweet Also I want to clearify when I said these levels were 15 years to late I just meant that if we had this back then the IDIs would have gotten a lot more attention as they would have handled the obs psd even easier:thumbsup:

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your refering to my post where I said he needs to get started adding 400,500,600 I wasn't saying he needed a psd I was reffering to his dt 466 repower hes gonna do

Aric, I knew what you were talking about. Yup, I'm gonna shoot for a 700-800 HP daily driver with the Dt466.:eek::peelout

Heath

Last edited:

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heath, ya got any coal rollin' pics of your dyno run? A pic and your stats would be a nice add to your signature. Yes, Moose products rock the house, and now Mel is teasing with a rally discount pump. July may be an expensive month.:sly

Nope, I was in such a hurry to get to Bowling Green I completely forgot to get the digital camera and the video camera. I had to work unexpectedly saturday morning, and it threw the whole day off.

I've filled all the space OB will let me in my signature as it is. I guess I can delete some stuff and try and squeeze some numbers.

Goose, you know you wanna Moose your truck. Heck, Mel can time for you while you're there.:D

Heath

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Free installation and timing will be included. :sly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online