dually wheel

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Junk yards usually have piles of rims

Not the PNP yards, they dismount the tires, and throw all the rims in the steel or aluminum Dumpster`s.

If a vehicle comes in with a nice set of tires, they have the set up front in the office area with a price tag of something like $350.

A lot of times on the trucks, the spare is still under the beds.

Last summer there was a 97 Ford Van out in the yard to be processed before being set out in the yard for the pickings.
It had the grey 16 x7inch rims. Asked the manager if I could buy the rims before they scraped them.
It was Fri and he said come back on Monday. was there first thing, and they Fork lifted it up front to pull the wheels. Then asked if i could but wheels, tires and Hub Caps. Out the door for $350, and tires still had over 1/2 the tread left. Running them on the front om the 86.

Any way, look through the fence and you may see a Dually sitting there to be processed, never know.

Goat

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
junk yards around here scrap everything over 10 years old. the best you could do around here is find one in a farmers field
I got a friend with a old junkyard. 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, he throws away the new stuff. He's got a bunch of dually rims, he sells them for $75 a piece. If you like old rusty cars it's great to just wonder around.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He sounds smart to me.

I paid &86 and change for mine, shipped. I felt like that was too much, but maybe it wasn't so bad after all.

That sounds like a good time!
He knows what he's got, and knows what it's worth to people who know what it is. Every now and then I can get a deal on something, like KITTs tail lights, 82 to 84 firebird tail lights for $60.......$300+ other places. He's got a late 70s mustang 2 cobra, it's really bad off but it's all there. I just want the "cobra" valve covers, but he won't part it out his theory is someone might show up and want the whole shebang. It really is cool, regular stuff ya know, dodge satallites, trucks, vans..... stuff.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online