DT360 into 1991 F350

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
What gears do you have gunner? And a friend has a S47 he's offered me, said he'd trade straight up. I'll give it a little and see what I think.

GunnerJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3.55s ( or whatever it is that's really close), I don't have any issue with starting large loads though, be it our tractor or 8 ton of hay if I just let out the clutch slowly most of the time I can just idle along

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it was worth it. Only thing I'm not 100% thrilled about is the S42 ZF. The 4.14:1 first sucks pulling out with the trailer
Have you tried backing up said trailer yet while t-case is in 2wd? LOL Every time I forget to low-range it the moment I start letting off the clutch I am instantly reminded of the NP435 awesomeness and how badly I miss it. So a wide-ratio S42 was procured, it's chilaxing right next to another diesel S42, now if I only had the time to split them and switch the gears around...

Regarding the S47 your buddy offered to trade you, take a look at its ID tag on the side of the case. It will tell you what gears it has, apparently just cause it's a S47 doesn't automatically mean the gear ratios are any better than what you got. Not gonna get the 5.72 first regardless, unless you go big-block with the Typp4 mod, but at least 5.08 would be nicer than what you're working with now...

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Well I'm thrilled with how it tows. Pulls harder than the idi, and it doesn't get above 180 degrees even with no fan. Egts won't even go above 1200! Got the t case shifter hooked up so that makes it a little easier on a hill, throw it in low, then once I'm moving shift to high.

You must be registered for see images attach

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Oh never posted my exhaust setup. I chopped up the downpipe and welded on a 90 degree bend, stainless clamp, 10 for piece of 4 inch straight pipe, and a tailpipe from a 2005 cumapart dodge!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice! I feel like I've asked this before so forgive me if I have, where did you get the cowl hood and what brand/model is it? I like it.

Love the bumper sticker. :rotflmao

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
I don't think you have. Honestly not sure on the brand. Got it used on CL. I think it's pretty old, lots of little cracks and chips. Cleaned it up and painted it semi gloss "hot rod" black. Wasn't a functioning hood either, I cut holes in it so it'll pull the heat out... dropped underhood temps about 15 degrees.

Lol I always wanted to paint a beater like the old bomber planes, I figured this was close enough on this one.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Love the truck Jon. It sounds total kick ass! As far as your worries about the gears, have you considered swapping parts in from a wide ratio zf?

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
My friend has a 5.72:1 zf he said he'll trade. I don't think I have the energy this year to swap lol. I'll probably swap it in the spring. I would really love a low/od splitter if I could find one... I suppose I'll settle with the lower zf.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online