DT360 into 1991 F350

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With that big engine hanging in there, you should probably consider boxing the passenger side frame rail from behind the bumper brackets back to where the factory engine crossmember used to live. Driver side is always boxed on all of these trucks cause of the steering box, but on factory 4x4 trucks passenger side was boxed as well. You have no engine to get in your way right now, so it's a great opportunity to beef things up a bit, at least to factory levels.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
I'm not worried about it. With the 2 crossmembers I added there's no where for it to go. Factory 4x4 needed it because there was nothing to tie the frame together after the engine crossmember. Now I have the huge front bumper, welded in brace behind it, then the track bar crossmember I added. The front end is A LOT stronger than it was from the factory.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Got the engine back together, painted and ready to go in.
You must be registered for see images attach

Unfortunately when I went to install the transmission Saturday the flywheel was too thick to bolt it up. Got a hold of Carson and he said it's been about 2 years since they did a ZF 5, somewhere they got some dimensions mixed up. He's going to take the flywheel and make it right. I'll keep you guys posted.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Fleetright or fleetgaurd.... the local international dealer has the spray cans in stock. It's by no means a great paint job but it'll do until I restore the truck one day.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
youre as bad as me with project jumping :D
ADHD much? LOL

lookin killer.

Andertusa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the engine back together, painted and ready to go in.

Unfortunately when I went to install the transmission Saturday the flywheel was too thick to bolt it up. Got a hold of Carson and he said it's been about 2 years since they did a ZF 5, somewhere they got some dimensions mixed up. He's going to take the flywheel and make it right. I'll keep you guys posted.

Not to lump on, but the paint thickness on the machined surface of your bell housing will also add to the issues with your clutch alignment. Great paint job though, project looks good. ;Sweet

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
It was way more than paint thickness. I got it machined down. Got all the stuff back. Just ran into a few other little things. I'll update in a few days. Been going to the shows I was trying to finish it for.

Andertusa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was what I was thinking, I've never understood these guys painting their flanges, I mean yes, it does 'protect them', but it also acts as a potential point for misalignment and other issues like improper torquing of the mating surfaces as the paint crushes and the metal don't( much). Paint it together, or if you don't want that, use something like an acid brush and brush grease on the flanges after everything is assembled. just my two cents. :dunno

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Ok, all was straightened out by Carson. Back together and in the truck. Been busy haven't had time to update.

Had a friend remake the engine ID decal

Front crossmember beefed up

Took the front axle to have the true trac installed

I guess it's a good thing I didn't slam it in as the firewall was a mess. Whoever installed the downpipe cut too deep and it tore apart. Cleaned it up and welded it together as best as I could. Was hard scraping all the seam sealer out.

Got a little carried away checking the clutch fork movement. Luckily a friend works at a welding shop and fixed it up.

Bolted in for good

Intercooler mock up

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
looking scary cool man! good job! Love the fresh decal, that's a really nice touch.

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coming along nicely, Jon! ;Sweet

My DT is a 1990 model. Any chance your friend can make more of those stickers?

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So it looks like you have your IC and AC condensor up there and that looks like a stock replacement idi radiator. Mind sharing which IC you went with and how it fits behind the grill? I've been sweating this on my truck because I'm NOT deleting the AC. It looks like one of the CXRacing variety.

I feel your pain on the seam sealer. I shaved the lip on mine all the way around the trans tunnel. It was a challenge to not catch the inside of the truck on fire... much...

Looks awesome setting in there. Bet you want to drive it real bad. :D