dream 6.5......

nitrohogg

nitro ******
Reaction score
if you could build the ultimate 6.5 turbo with unlimited funds, and building it yourself with what ever parts you want, what would it be? what parts would you use? how much horse power do you think you could produce??? cookoo

mahatma171

Reaction score
hmmm....main girdle, either 18:1 pistons or modify the head to get down to 18:1 compression, head studs, custom high flow intake, upgraded turbo set to about 25 psi, intercooler, marine injectors, custom reflash on the PCM, custom high-flow cold air intake, custom manifolds and crossover, 4 inch exhaust from the turbo back. I bet you could get over 300 hp if you tune it right.

Or maybe, just maybe, should I go buck wild and try twin turbos and twin intercoolers.... :)

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
swap some I-H products under the hood that will fix it:sly

All jokes aside i would say the same things we do to make our 6.9 and 7.3 IDI's go faster would be about the same thing you would do to your engine except ours were never offered with any electronics like the 6.5 was

dracor85

Reaction score
Well Id go with the GEP block thats been cemented, 18:1 pistions ceramic coated, scat crank, twin turbos GM-8's, and either twin DB2's or custom machened heads with the precup remade so a bosch P-Pump (8cyl version) with Direct Injection injectors could be used. Probally the twin DB2's Or if your going that far probally could make the DB4's work in there, would be more realisitic and doable for that matter. Thats what I'd like to do.

Justin

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online