DPS injectors?

Mr. Bob

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am stuck waiting for my ATS kit to arrive, but when it comes I am thinking of combining it with a set of DPS stage 1 injectors....

Anyone here running them?? feedback on them???

thanks so much you guys!

Bob

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running them on my truck, along with the Turbo-Calibrated IP. Other than taking 8 weeks from order to arrival, they're great. I'm having an issue with a rough idle at the moment, but hope to have that sorted out by properly timing the truck.

It smokes more, but has much more power on the highway than it used to. I'd reccomend Ken and his products, and also reccomend that you buy the IP to go with the injectors.

My $.02

Ryan

445TDF-series

Reaction score
what kind of times are you running 0-60 and #'s on the pyro?? I hear good things about DPS stuff...

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never really timed a 0-60 run to know. The EGT's haven't gotten above 900 unloaded, with my foot to the floor, climbing a pretty steep grade at 11psi. I do have an intercooler on my truck, which helps tremendously to keep the EGTs down. I don't know how they'd be with out it...

I have yet to put a load on it, as I don't have the timing set just right. I just won a MT-1480 on eBay, and hope to get it timed this weekend, if the guy ships it in time...

Ryan

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dsblack-

May I pm you to inquire about how your truck runs with the DPS parts? Looking for a little comparison...

Ryan

Mr. Bob

Reaction score
I am REALLY happy with my IP... It was re-built and some point and has WAY more power than any other IDI I have driven without a turbo....

I put my current engine in ( a 1985 ) and the guy I bought it from ( who was putting a cummins in his truck ) told me it was " fast for an IDI " I put that engine in and it was SOOOOO slow... I swaped over the IP and injectors from my 1987 engine I removed ( that I am going to do a full rebuild real soon on ) and got all my power and great MPG back too....

When this IP goes I know I will be getting one all done up, but I think I am going to keep with this one for a while...

I am planning on building my 6.9L with lower compression for higher boost and head studs and all that fun stuff.... so maybe even then, but I think on a stock engine I am not going to push my luck ;)

I am going to send them an Email now to see about shipping time...

Thanks for all the replys!!!

Bob

Mr. Bob

Reaction score
reklund-

That is one BEAUTIFUL truck you have!!!! your list of mods is very impressive... whats it like for power now??? how many pounds of boost are you running???

:)

Bob

dsblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would also say the the DPS pump made a huge change. I did the injecotrs, then later after a pump issue, I did the pump.
Do both if you can afford it.

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
reklund-

That is one BEAUTIFUL truck you have!!!! your list of mods is very impressive... whats it like for power now??? how many pounds of boost are you running???

Bob

Thanks for the compliment! I try to keep the old truck clean and running right- it fights off the "I wanna new truck" ideas that I sometime get :D As long as the Ford runs, I'll have a chance of staying away from that new truck payment...

The truck has gobs of power now, compared to the original IP and Injectors that I replaced. Boost went from a max of 5psi unloaded, to 11 psi unloaded. As I said, it idles like crap now, and hopefully some careful timing will take care of that. If the timing doesn't fix it, I'm sure Ken at DPS will...

I usually only haul my rockcrawler truggy, so I hope to have more usable power on the highway. All my buddies run CTD's and strokers, and they leave me on the hills. I just want to be able to run about 65-70 and not worry too much about it...

Ryan

fsr7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got all of Ken's stuff at one time and it made a huge difference on how my truck ran... night and day... but I was not all that impressed with the power increase. Before IP and stage 1's, I was pushing 9lbs of boost and had a good amount of black smoke with my stock IP turned all the way up and one injector so jacked up that I'm pretty sure it only worked under WOT. After that stuff, I push 10 lbs of boost, I don't have white smoke at idle anymore, It also gives off a little less black smoke than it used to. That's my .02... he definitely makes good stuff, I still haven't decided if it was worth the 2.5 MONTHS it took to get here...

Mr. Bob

Reaction score
I sent him an Email 3 days ago and still have not heard from him.... speed is not ther #1 concern I dont think....

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just call and get him on the phone. Call in the morning, and ask specificlly for him. Tell whoever answers that you want parts for an IDI diesel, and need to speak with Ken directly. He doesn't get to his emails as quickly as he gets to the phone...

Ryan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Staff online

Members online