doubles

upnorth

good
Reaction score
Have any of you or do any of you folks ever pull a trailer behind your 5'er?

I was just wondering and I haven't been able to find out if it's legal or what not up here.

The reason I ask is I've got a small 5'er and was thinking it would be cool the haul a couple motor cycles and what not.

MnTom

Reaction score
I do that here in Minnesota quite a lot. The best way that I know to find out is to go to your local State Patrol barracks and start asking questions. I did that here and by time I left, I had a copy of the laws pertaining to pulling doubles that the officer copied right out of his hand book that all the SP officers carry in the squads.
Tom

Whit

Reaction score
Here in Wyo I pull my 27' 5er with my Polaris 6x6 behind it. Every state is different on this so check with your local DOT

Brickman

Reaction score
Whitmore the WHP DOT has told me they want to get the law changed to stop the casual RVer from pullin doubles (with out a CDL). Mostly to screw with the rich CO users of our parks and lakes.

Whit

Reaction score
Prolly would be a good deal, I guess if it flys then the lil woman would hafta pull the 6x6 with her truck:cool

Space Angel

Reaction score
Hey Uppy, check out this link. State Towing Laws We tandum pull all the time. We pull a boat behind our 5'er in Colorado and NE. We did tandum tow a few times when we were in CA. After getting a total run around on the law there, from the DMV and state troopers, the only thing we were able to determine in CA is that you have to have a CDL license. No one really seemed to know the correct answer so we never pursued it. It was rare to see tandum pulling there but we saw a few :). We never had any issues there.

MnTom

Reaction score
I hate to tell ya Space Angel, that site is quite outdated. The way the laws are changing, you should go talk to your state patrol to get the proper answers.
Tom

mjstef

Big Sky Country....
Reaction score
Gotta see what the camper frame is made of too Uppy. Post a pic for me. No worries in AK! Pretty much everything goes eh???

upnorth

good
Reaction score
Originally posted by mjstef
Gotta see what the camper frame is made of too Uppy. Post a pic for me. No worries in AK! Pretty much everything goes eh???

Too much snow to get under the thing for a picture. It's a 1990 26.5' Excel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Members online