Door sills crew cab

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Can anybody snap me a couple of shots of the door sills in their crew cab? I guess they’re really called the sill protectors.

The previous owner of my truck must have really liked or really destroyed the ones that used to be there, cuz I just have white metal on the sills, and two holes where I assume they snapped or bolted into.:thanks:

Anyhow, I don’t even know what’s sposed to be there. So an example or two would be great.:thumbsup:

I’m thinking of fabricating some up out of diamond plate.:rock:

gandalf

Reaction score
Is there any particular part of the doorsill you'd like to see? I can get some tonight if it would help you. Once I know what you want, I can email a picture to you..

Let me know.

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
The only cover in that area was black plastic that covered the edge of the carpet and the door weatherstripping. If your mising those I would go to the wrecking yard or there are a few aftermarket ones. I replaced mine for $3-$6 for the pair at the wrecking yard. PO was a logger and wore corks in the truck. Kinda tore up the left plate. Be careful of what material you use. Get some snow, mud or water on there and you'll be nursing a sore shin after you pitch over on the ground.:eek:

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
OK, so they're sposed to be just black plastic covers/inserts. I've got nothing right now, and the metal does get slippery in the mud or snow as you suggest. I'll take a look the next time I’m at the wrecking yard.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Rob,

If you got to order new ones (about 20 bucks each from Ford Dealer) they are called Scuff Plates. I replaced all of them in The Enterprise 2 years ago if I remember correctly. They really take a beating.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Scuff plates, never would have guessed that's what they're called. Thanks guys.

Last edited:

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Thanks Darrin. I think I have it figured out now though. It looks like I have the scuff plates that we are talking about. But I also have some aftermarket holes on the exterior edge of the door sill. So it looks like the previous owner had something installed there, and removed it when he sold the truck.

So I installed some aluminum tread in this area to cover those holes. Looks pretty good. I'll snap a pic later today.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Originally posted by troutwest66
Rob,

I bet he had steps mounted there.

Ya know, I bet your right. And they prolly looked a lot like the ones Darrin has on his truck. That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for solving my mystery.