Door lock actuators

dsblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are they the same for the front and rear doors on the CC?
Where is the best place to get them? LMC wants $75 EA:hail

82fordtruck

Reaction score
yes - they are the same for all fords that I know of, late 80's through late 90's at least.

I get them from junkyards for $20 apiece.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I bought mine off e-bay for cheap as well, It comes with different arms that you can use. It seems like I had to cut and weld the arm to work on my back door. but still cheaper than anywhere else.

82fordtruck

Reaction score
Sorry, should have mentioned that. There's a clip that holds two little balls in there. Carefully pull the clip and replace the arm.

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:angel: I'm not meaning to steal the thread but this has me thinking. The lock on my front pass side has been working intermittently. Sometimes when I hit the lock button on the driver's side the button will go down sometimes it won't. Gets to be a drag to reach way over there to let the wifey in! Anyway is it this actuator that he is talking about that controls the locking and unlocking? Or is the problem something else? Again sorry to jump in...

dsblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine worked fine, then intermitantly for about a week, now you can not even lock/unlock the door because of the motor. It looks like the bracket is riveted in, I have pulled the window guide on the two I have out now. I think on the other two, I will drill out the rivit, and see if it will come out easier with the bracket on it. The new ones come with a bracket... Ordered all 4 and a set of new headlights;Sweet ... Well, I was ordering stuff anyway....

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:angel: I'm not meaning to steal the thread but this has me thinking. The lock on my front pass side has been working intermittently. Sometimes when I hit the lock button on the driver's side the button will go down sometimes it won't. Gets to be a drag to reach way over there to let the wifey in! Anyway is it this actuator that he is talking about that controls the locking and unlocking? Or is the problem something else? Again sorry to jump in...

What happend is wayer/moisture gets into the little motor and corrodes it up...the OE units are pop-rivited in, the replacements get bolted.
To get the old ones working for a while again, remove the door panel and aim some WD-40 at the top of the motor (soak it). This will free it up and it will work again until water/moisture/corrosion once again binds it up.

dsblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ordered them from E-bay. zbra motors, They offered a 20% discount on the shipping for multiple items, Motors were 25 EA, and the head light set was 200.
There are cheaper ones, but they were very slow in comunicating with me. So, if they will not talk before the sell, then after will be worse. There were some for about $10 i believe. Search door lock actuator ford f350 90 and it came right up.

dsblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, got these parts,
pop riveted the lock actuator in... hahaha. Did not hold. So how do I mount these actuators after drilling the old rivet out?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need to get the pop rivet from Ford, and then find a pop rivet tool big enough to do the job. I've yet to find one. I usually make my existing pop rivet tool work by modifying it and using spacers and junk to get the leverage I need.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin