Does anyone need a little V6?

WrickM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol that owuld be a fun enine to cram into a F250 lol there was a guy here with a Clist add saying he had dozens of marine and truck detroits. I emailed him and he acted like he hated every one of them. I asked him about the 6v53. . he said they were realy unreliable. i asked hime about a 4v53 he said food luck finding one and then suggested i look for a navistar engine lol i just didn't respons after that. I mean i understand he probably only had the larger engines it was just more the disdain he seemed to have for the idea of a small truck re-power lol

p.s. this was not a repower for my beloved idi. just so ya'll know.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
it will NOT fit in a pickup.The ad is wrong.It is considerably larger than a 6V53 and much heavier.But that is a EXTREMELY good price even for a core engine.Plus this thing has $500 worth of Jake brakes on it and it should be a 350HP being a silver series. oh yea,552 cubic inch 6 banger.

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have three of those 8 cylinders to deal with in the tour buses.

White Trash

IDI noob
Reaction score
I'd rock that detroit in half a heartbeat... Snag an older F600 chassis and swap the cab for a four door version and drop that in with a 13 speed... I'm already drooling...

idi traveler

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Brianedwardss

Reaction score
I love these ol' Detroit motors. But, I seen one of those 8v149's at a scrap outfit, had a bowling-ball sized hole in the block.... I asked what had happened, they said it had ran away and threw a rod out the side of the block:eek:

That had to be a sight seeing an 1192 C.I. V8 run away and blow through the block!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

pegleg

Reaction score
OH yea Ithink I have an f600 or f750 perfect for that motor . 4 door cab in stock but need the 5x4 trans I'm a twin stick man all the way.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha youre a a twin stick man but youre username is pegleg
i hope that peg leg of youres can double clutch
had to say found it funny

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I'd rock that detroit in half a heartbeat... Snag an older F600 chassis and swap the cab for a four door version and drop that in with a 13 speed... I'm already drooling...

I'm in the F600 market :D have been for a while though, probably next year ;Sweet

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, there's somebody nearby that has an old Dodge heavy duty flatbed...looks just like this one:

You must be registered for see images attach

so I think it's somewhere in the '56-60 range...I think that + this engine would = win