Do you care for flare

highest_vision

Reqistered User
Reaction score
On your injection lines? My supply line, on the inj pump end, has somehow become nearly straight. I have also had a longtime suspected diesel leak in the valley pan (never located) and an airleak (never fixed). Now I have found this. The seal is in decent shape, and I have a replacment line (used) that also has little flare. The filterhead end of both lines has ~the right amount of flare (37?).
Now for the inj lines themselves, almost all of them have a ridge on the flare. All of them serviceable, except #6 which is quite wicked and possibly why I have had problems with stripping the threads on injectors in the past in that location. Interestingly, my spare set #6 line is also like this. I am thinking about replacing it, but except when I strip out injectors it never leaks (I think :rolleyes: ).
What do you all think? Am I ***** over nothing or do I need to visist our friendly dealer :eek:
Thanks
James

highest_vision

Reqistered User
Reaction score
|stupid So I got some pics. The camera was close to the end, didn't have to waste many... Just asking for opinions, anybody happened to notice the condition of the flare? The recess in the pump doesn't really look like something that cares about anything but too much flare.
Couldn't take a pic of that knurled inj line end.
Forst pic is the current line, pump end. 2nd pic is spare, pump end. 3rd is current line, filterhead end.
Thanks
James

Attachments

• supplyline1.jpg
    supplyline1.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 7
  • supplyline3.jpg
    supplyline3.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 7
  • supplyline2.jpg
    supplyline2.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 6

dsblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
change it

I would change it. the flare is there to help seal. You have a unknown leak, known cause, and stripping injectors because of it... I would change it for any of those reasons.

Good luck.

Doug

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online