Disc conversion on a 93 DRW

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a 98 shuttle van dually rear in my 94 srw truck. Had to move the perches and shock mounts in 2" on each side. It's a Dana 70u HD rear. I defiantly need a different proportion valve or something with rear disc. They "work" but aren't grabbing hard enough yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking about a similar conversion on my 91 F350 with a sterling 10.25. TCM(PN 2670) makes a complete kit for this application. Not cheap,but everything is included. Still on the fence. I know there might be cheaper avenues but it does save me a bit of time having to source the various parts,which for me is worth something.

In looking at all the options, I haven't found this one. What company is TCM? Maybe a link?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to do some digging and get specs for a set up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

the set up I posted, bolts to the axle with 3 bolts, you would only need a 1/2" spacer on either side

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the set up I posted, bolts to the axle with 3 bolts, you would only need a 1/2" spacer on either side

Brian, do you have any pictures of the set up is installed on your truck? I want to look at how it is installed then do some measurements between a dual rear wheel and I think I'll rear wheel axle to make sure that is all we need.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian, do you have any pictures of the set up is installed on your truck? I want to look at how it is installed then do some measurements between a dual rear wheel and I think I'll rear wheel axle to make sure that is all we need.

You must be registered for see images attach

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, Brian, your brackets bolt to the original flange the backing plate bolted to. On the hub side or the inside?

Looks like you could add a spacer of the appropriate thickness to make up for the extra width of the drw and go.

I am seriously going to go this route after a few measurement confirmations. Thanks guys!

You have the e brake calipers? How hard is it to hook our cables to those?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
your cables will not fit, however speedway sells a set that can be mounted and attached.
I don't have a link, because I havnt used it yet.
e-brake is low priority right now.
but yes they are e-brake calipers.
and yes they bolt inplace of the backing plates, inboard, on the rear.
I would make a plate "X" in width, and grab all 3 holes.
you can even use the bracket supplied for a template

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice, so we could get some of the width by moving the mount plate outboard of the flange, the make a spacer to take up the rest....

If you need replacement calipers in the future, do you know what they came from?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they are cadi calipers I believe, they have numbers on it, if I ever need a replacement ill take it in as a guide.

remember, the master and proportioning valve need to be addressed.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last question I have. Promise.

Does your 16 inch wheel clear the caliper diameter wise, or are the calipers mounted inboard of the actual wheel. Wonder if the drw wheels and the offset would clear them.

Btw, research seems to show they are 1976-78 Cadillac eldorado calipers.

rustygold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But on drw I thought the rotor bolted to the back of the hub so the caliber will clear the wheel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
good question, ill get a pic when theres light, and im not drunk.... whiskey and maple bacon FTW.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance