Different intake manifold.

IHGreatness

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has went with a different intake manifold set up. I was thinking about fabbing a set-up that was morw like the OSB PSD. thoughts?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's been done. The popular take seems to be to cut the stock one in half, machine off the center, and weld up some plate to form two independent intakes.

IHGreatness

Reaction score
What are some advantages or is it just a look and room thing. my thought is it would make a little more room in the valley so you could move the turbo up there.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Actually these diesel engines will run fine without any intake manifold. A non turbo is the simplest engine to do this on. All we do is suck air thru the intake. So why have an intale manifold. Just fab up a stack with a filter on it and your of to the races. No butterfly valves like an endrle injection stack setup. Just a straight tube to the heads. I wonder what a set of stacks would look like sticking thru the hood on our trucks...

IHGreatness

Reaction score
I know there is nothing metering air in all the diesel cares about is the metering of fuel, but I'm planning on a turbo. I was thinking about making the PSD intakes work on it knowing that I will have to make changes but I think it would be a cool and gives you more options.

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
Jon, we need to find you a spare hood, that scout would look sweet with that.

hairyboxnoogle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have spare hoods, i have a hard enough time keeping water out of one intake hole, forget 8!

lol

Been looking at some CAT pumps and im figuring on building a smilar intake as the 3208, as far as i know its similar to the psd. Hopefully free up room for the bigger pump, bigger turbo, and the smaller firewall.

As far as split goes, im not sold on whether its better or not to be split. Im laboring under the conclusion that the intake helps keep the heads "in place" as it were. Not sure if it it makes a difference or not tho to be honest. Between justin and justin theyve decided that the 1-piece is better than the split.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online