Diesel In Trouble

Logroller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all im having trouble with my 93 turbo idi ,,, truck died monday morning on the way to work so had to call my dad to come get me and take me into work ... well checked the fuel pressure and only had 1 psi at the filter ,,, so replaced the pump and put new filter on ,, now when i go out to start it ,, it will start and run for a few seconds then die ,, have to crank for 20-30 seconds 2 or 3 times to get it started again and it will fire and run good the rest of the day ,, but on some occasions while driving it will surge with alot of power and then die back down to its normal driving ,,,, need help or ideas here all i have to haul beef cows into the market saturday morning and my 2000 f350 dont have a goose neck ball in it ...

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1 psi leads me to think either a weak lift pump or critters in the filter, fuel lines, and tank.

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
How much fuel do you have in the tanks. These rigs are known to have fuel issues if they get below 1/4 or so of fuel. The "shower head" or pickup tubes break and can wreak havoc on the fuel tank selector valves if not dealt with.

This may not be your issue but it was for me when I had random fuel starvation problems.

Thad

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726