Diesel + Hydrogen = WHOooaaa!

jimmys f250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
m with ya bofarmer,,my ole hoss has no guage,,but to me runs better with it (the hho generator) on an i know if its not on.cuz the way it runs,,,i don't run outa fule like i use too since havn it in place.thats all thet matters to me,,,i've heard it to,,i also run some used oil in it,,tried jus bout everything else in it too from aromatic lamp oil to used veggie oil also put in a tad of acetone and have heard yu can't do dat from folks round my parts,,,but thats cool,,,cuz more for me,,jus wanna say keep up good work

MR.T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... Wire the IP throttle so it holds some stable RPM, say 1800. Turn on the HHO device and note whether the tach increases, decreases, or stays the same. If the RPM goes up, the device is apparently adding net power and increasing efficiency. If not, it's not.

Has anyone tried this? Shouldn't take more then 15 minutes, and would give some non-subjective data.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Hey Biofarmer, I have a sign up in my shop that reads : "The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it"
Having done many similar things over the years and been through the same abuse, only to have what I did become mainstream 10 + years later time and time again.

For those with little understanding about how hydrogen gas is created, it is not dependent on electricity, on car systems it is just there to speed things up and or regulate it.
I remember around 40 years ago a friend and I were responsible for what was reported around our area as a UFO sighting after we sent off for one of those 10ft weather balloons in the back of some magazine and figured out how to make hydrogen gas from pool acid and iron pyrites I believe it was We made enough gas to fill that balloon and with the addition of a very long fuse made with homemade gunpowder ( they don't make chemistry sets like they used to :D we sent that thing up with a slight leak in the opening that was tied around the fuse and let it go late one night. A couple of hundred feet up the fuse caught up with it and , mini Hindenburg :sly
All that gas and not one single millivolt gave up it's life in it's generation.
Folks can bench race theories and specifications all day long, but sometimes things just work

Cracks me up sometimes. I remember way before it was popular, I was asked to present one of my veggie burner diesel cars ( a single tank job whose design I had been using for a couple of years at that time )at a state alternative energy show and it was amusing the number of PHDs who came up and told me it wouldn't work. It was all I could do to keep from dying of laughter .. especially since I had drove the thing there.
Go for it buddy ;Sweet

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Has anyone tried this? Shouldn't take more then 15 minutes, and would give some non-subjective data.

Actually it might not tell you a thing, the IP has in it's design ( like many diesel pumps) a little ditty that makes minute changes to fuel delivery depending on load at a given rpm. They do that to keep you from having to flail your right foot around all day so chances are good it would stabilize itself for such a small difference.

MR.T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually it might not tell you a thing, the IP has in it's design ( like many diesel pumps) a little ditty that makes minute changes to fuel delivery depending on load at a given rpm. They do that to keep you from having to flail your right foot around all day so chances are good it would stabilize itself for such a small difference.

Actually, I've observed the RPM's decrease when power is taken from the crankshaft in just such a situation -- you probably have too. Typically we fix the throttle for about 1800 RPM when checking the AC. When the AC compressor kicks on, the RPM drops. Same thing happens when the viscous drive for the fan kicks on when air temp through the radiator gets hot enough.

It's really a good test using one of these IDI diesels since there is no computer adjusting anything.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Can you show a breakdown of your system costwise or is that something for a PM?

SWS

WrickM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Biofarmer, I have a sign up in my shop that reads : "The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it"
Having done many similar things over the years and been through the same abuse, only to have what I did become mainstream 10 + years later time and time again.

For those with little understanding about how hydrogen gas is created, it is not dependent on electricity, on car systems it is just there to speed things up and or regulate it.
I remember around 40 years ago a friend and I were responsible for what was reported around our area as a UFO sighting after we sent off for one of those 10ft weather balloons in the back of some magazine and figured out how to make hydrogen gas from pool acid and iron pyrites I believe it was We made enough gas to fill that balloon and with the addition of a very long fuse made with homemade gunpowder ( they don't make chemistry sets like they used to :D we sent that thing up with a slight leak in the opening that was tied around the fuse and let it go late one night. A couple of hundred feet up the fuse caught up with it and , mini Hindenburg :sly
All that gas and not one single millivolt gave up it's life in it's generation.
Folks can bench race theories and specifications all day long, but sometimes things just work

Cracks me up sometimes. I remember way before it was popular, I was asked to present one of my veggie burner diesel cars ( a single tank job whose design I had been using for a couple of years at that time )at a state alternative energy show and it was amusing the number of PHDs who came up and told me it wouldn't work. It was all I could do to keep from dying of laughter .. especially since I had drove the thing there.
Go for it buddy ;Sweet

wow, that is hard to believe that a phd in anything remotely applicable would say you cant burn organic hydrocarbons, especially since the idea had been around since the invention of the diesel engine. like specifically Rudolf Diesel mentions using peanut oil.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Yeah...and the fact that people ARE doing this and making gains in MPG. Yet, no one seems to believe it is true. There will probably not be financial gains from the word go, but as you get older in the system, it will obviously get the gains back.

SWS

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was thinking this the whole time I have been hearing about hydrogen and using h20 to get it through electricity. in chemistry there were reactants that created hydrogen gas, some very rapidly.

the byproducts aren't pretty usually but it can be done. then you have to quantify getting the materials to do it with. and there's no ON/OFF switch except by feeding it materials slowly like in pellet form as you drive so that you control how much reactant you have at any time. magnesium + HCl works, theres other options too but its been a while since I've been in chemistry so I'll think some stuff up and come back

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm interested in what has happened as well

It worked fine, I gained approx 4mpg, but it leaked like a sieve.. It was dismantled, all of the plates were sand blasted, new different gasket material was aquired and about 200 gaskets have been hand cut, the number of plates was fine-tuned based on new info, the system dedicated 150A alternator was removed and is being re-installed in the factory location as the ONLY alternator, ozone generators are being added (O3 -hyper oxidizer) and the overall look of the now single unit has changed completely... I just went at lunch today and picked up a new 3/8-18NPT tap to continue working on it. There has been a tremendous amount of other projects going on lately, which why only now am I able to get back to the bio-beast rebuild..

Sw1tchfoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are you missing? If it gains you 4hp it took 4hp out of the alt. to do it. If it gains you 400 it took 400 out of the alt. to do it.

That is not necessarily true. He is not creating energy, he is using electrical power from the altenator to break the covalent bond between the hydrogen and the oxygen so they are in a usable form.

So even if he did happen to draw 4hp from the engine, and the hydrogen only yields a 4hp gain; it would merely be a coincidence.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Not true. When there is a gain at the tire, and it used energy to do it I.E. 4hp, the gain will be higher if it is something that shows over the previous power. Otherwise there would be the same number/feel and it would be considered a wash.

SWS