Detroit Diesel

78grumman

Reaction score
DD 453

I saw one in a loader for sale in NH Craigs list or Uncle Henry's it might have been a 453t . . . some of the older skidders had them in them also . . . I think Clark was one of the brands . . . hope that helps.

Danoflapper

Reaction score
I saw one in a loader for sale in NH Craigs list or Uncle Henry's it might have been a 453t . . . some of the older skidders had them in them also . . . I think Clark was one of the brands . . . hope that helps.

I've been keeping a look out on craigslist. I'm not willing to drive more than 200 or so miles though. One will pop up eventually. I've found a handful of 2-53s,3-53s,4-71s-6-71s and8v71s. But no stinking 4-53t. I decided I'd hold out for a turbo model unless the 4-53n was cheeeep. I think they're difficult to find because they were used in such a limited variety of machines.
Thanks Grumman!

78grumman

Reaction score
I picked one up about a month ago with a clark 5 speed attached. . . it came out of a 1980 Chevy C60, also Clark loaders had them also. . . A lot of farms used the C60 and the rust is finishing the last of them off . . . if your budget will allow there are some places that sell used and reconditioned . . . a bit out of my budget but still an option . . . the best of luck to ya.;Sweet

Danoflapper

Reaction score
I picked one up about a month ago with a clark 5 speed attached. . . it came out of a 1980 Chevy C60, also Clark loaders had them also. . . A lot of farms used the C60 and the rust is finishing the last of them off . . . if your budget will allow there are some places that sell used and reconditioned . . . a bit out of my budget but still an option . . . the best of luck to ya.;Sweet

That sounds like exactly what I want! I stopped and looked a c50 for sale yesterday. Too bad it was a chebby v8 :( My budget definitely does not allow for a rebuilt one at this point.