death wobble?

dairieman36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i tried to search but couldnt find anything similar... any ways i was driving my boss's 06 f350 cc dually 4x4 today and i hit a small bump in the road which sent the front end hopping terribly bout ripped the steering wheel right out of my hand i was able to control it and slow down to about 20 mph or so and it stop....he said he's been dealing with it for a while now and that it only does it when u hit a bump with the rite side front tire 9 times outta 10 it will do it

any suggestion to what it might be would be very helpfull...thanks in advance

Brian

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
How many miles on the truck. Has he had any service done to the front end, and the easiest one, what is the tire pressure. Low tires can cause this, so can worn suspension components. How about the shocks? How do they look/feel?

dairieman36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
truck has 65,000 high way miles never had a plow or nothing on it tire pressure is about 55 and the shocks look new and he has never had any work done to the front end

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I had a similar problem in my F150....I know that they had the Dana 44 TTB in them, but it turned out to be a bad joint in the steering. A new joint and a front end alignment and it was better then new! I suspect that that solid axle front end (dana 60?) will have a loose or worn out tierod end somewheres..

dairieman36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i didnt get a chance to look at it today on a count of the rain and not getting to work...anyway hopefully i will get a chance to look at it tommaro over lunch

zpd307

Reaction score
my 03 never had the death wobble and did not have a damper....:dunno it seems as though some never get it and some can never get rid of it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin