Death Wobble gone (pivot bushings)

Ceejmo

Smoke a Ricer today
Reaction score
I finally tracked down the source of the death wobble in the wife's truck. The part is called "axle pivot bushings". Evidently the Twin I-Beams are considered axles by Ford.
There is a special puller and installer tool that is made for this bushing. I opted not to buy it. FYI, If I ever have to do this job again I'll pinch off the $25.00 for the special tool. What a PITA.
The bushing part number for my '94 F350 is MOO-K8672 at O'reilly . They're $13.49 each (2 needed per vehicle). The Ford TSB says to remove the coil springs before changing the bushings. I did not remove them. I just made sure I took appropriate measures to ensure safety and placed blocks under the I-Beam before I let them down. The I-Beam supports the spring, which supports the weight of the truck.
I'm sure there are many causes for the death wobble. I suppose that any worn bushing in the front end of the truck could cause the it. I'm just glad that this problem is solved.

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
I used Poly bushings, when I did mine. Energy Suspension makes a complete kit.

I also made my own bushing press. 5/8" bolt with some large washers, and short pieces of pipe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online