dead truck ???

cowfarmer16

Reaction score
dead truck ????

I have an 2004 f-250 with about 36,000 miles . over this week i have moved 40,000 pounds of hay . today was the only day that i didnt need my truck on the farm . so i let it rest and didnt drive it all day ,went to go try to start it and it did not start . you turn the key to let the glow plugs warm (you can usealy hear that) no noise the glow plug lite just stayes on . so i tried to start it to see what it would do , not a d#% thing the starter dident even crank. but all the lights and radio work . i had a friend who had this happen and he had to get a new computer for everything that cost about $2,000 . the truck is still under the ford warienty but with their problems with navistar i dont know wnat to do . any suggestions please help cant work w/o truck.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the truck is still under the ford warienty but with their problems with navistar i dont know wnat to do . any suggestions please help cant work w/o truck.

Take it to Ford under warranty and don't worry about the problems they are having with Navistar.... Navistar has nothing to do with the warranty Ford gave you... That's their problem.

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dead truck ????

I have an 2004 f-250 with about 36,000 miles . over this week i have moved 40,000 pounds of hay . today was the only day that i didnt need my truck on the farm . so i let it rest and didnt drive it all day ,went to go try to start it and it did not start . you turn the key to let the glow plugs warm (you can usealy hear that) no noise the glow plug lite just stayes on . so i tried to start it to see what it would do , not a d#% thing the starter dident even crank. but all the lights and radio work . i had a friend who had this happen and he had to get a new computer for everything that cost about $2,000 . the truck is still under the ford warienty but with their problems with navistar i dont know wnat to do . any suggestions please help cant work w/o truck.

ya what the guy above said, id give your recomendations what to check, but i wouldnt check anything, id call a rollback, have her sent out to the dealer WITHOUT YOUR PROGRAMMER HOOKED UP

cowfarmer16

Reaction score
the programmer has been off when the tranny starter slipping . the programmer won't have anything to do with it not working will it.

JMF350

Reaction score
Try unplugging the electric fan..... a bad fan will cause a no crank/no start problem.

cowfarmer16

Reaction score
got the truck back today, they said the computer shorted out and fried . so they put a new one in and re-flashed it . the truck seems to have more power but not as good fuel milage before all the problems.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance