dead injector pump?

haz-mat19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed a f/p gauge about 4 days ago. 6 at start up, 2-4 at normal speed, 0-1 at wot. Called the dealer and after arguing with him he finally said the lift pump was covered. Had an appointment on mondayto have it replaced, but today the truck will not start. It cranks but will not fire. Could it be an injector pump? There is no air in the line I already purged it. Anyway it is all under warrenty. Only 80k on the clock. Sucks though no truck for now. :mad: -cuss The only bright side is that they will both be done at the same time if that is the problem.. See ya.

Whit

Reaction score
Dont sound good but since DC admitted the l/p was gone then the VP44 should get replaced at the same time .........................Let them come and get it and fix it right since its still under warrenty :backoff

haz-mat19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not sure how to do that. I changed the filter to see if if was bad. There was fuel in the filter case. any advise on how to check? Thanks.

J.Keith

Reaction score
Loosen the fuel supply line from the filter canister at the injection pump.
Bump the starter (but don't start it) this will cycle the lift pump for about 20 seconds.
You should have fuel leaking out abound the loosened banjo bolt at the IP.
If you do but the truck still will not start check at an injector. I would use 1 or 3
simply loosen the fitting on the fuel line and repeat the starter bump.
CAUTION! there will probably be alot of fuel dripping out the bottom of your truck so be prepared for a mess.
Good luck
Joe

haz-mat19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I am at work today, but I will try that tonight if time premits. Thanks for the advise.

haz-mat19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had it towed sunday night. The only diesel tech that they had was busy, but they admitted that I had no f/p. He also said that both the lift and injector pump where covered. So I should know something today. Only bad news is that they will have to order them for I think Mobile. I will keep you posted.

haz-mat19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my truck back today, Dead lift pump replaced for free :thumbsup: , they did tests on the injector pump and said everything was good with it. I hope that if it did get some damage it will show in the next 20k. So all is good 15 at idle 10 at wot. And I have my truck back.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online