DB electrical starter

Reaction score
Just figured i would give a great review.

My stock starter was spinning so slow, it took me 2 glow cycles to start the truck.

This new DB will start the truck without even using glow plugs!!
amazing!

Its a totally different design, spins MUCH faster, is 1/2 the size and lighter!! Great starter!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Sounds like you had the oem direct drive big starter. Now you have the gear reduction unit. Yes... They spin the motor much faster than the oem does. Much less drain on the batterys too.

agp23109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just figured i would give a great review.

My stock starter was spinning so slow, it took me 2 glow cycles to start the truck.

This new DB will start the truck without even using glow plugs!!
amazing!

Its a totally different design, spins MUCH faster, is 1/2 the size and lighter!! Great starter!

X2

I was having the same problem and put one of these on a few months back and have been totally satisfied. Great price too;Sweet

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
How was it to mount?
I think they sent Me one that was clocked different. It was a total PITA to get the top bolt.

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
DB's ebay ad states that they mount easier than the factory starter. Mine was 10 times harder than OEM.

They make the same starter for a variety of app's. So I was just wondering if Mine was just the wrong one????

On Edit: The OEM starter is easy with about 2' of extensions. You just come at the top bolt in front of the cross member. The DB starter I got did not allow this type of access.