Dana 60: which ones fit the OBS?

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody have a really good history of Dana 60 interchanges? I have started to look for a Dana 60 front axle for my Powerstroke, and in a perfect world, I would want a dually hub front axle. Because I am putting in an OBS Powerstroke, the only one that would theoretically work would be a bricknose D60 as (to my knowledge) there were no factory OBS dually hub D60s.

I may have to convert a single wheel D60 as that's what I am mostly coming across, but I am just looking for somebody to confirm that the 87-97 D60s are all the same with regards to width, spring locations, etc. I am going to use a RSK kit and Superduty springs, so I'm not that worried about identifying leaf springs, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to go ball joint versus kingpin as they seem simpler and I'm not interested in having a super bullet proof axle.

As always, thank you for the help.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont know why, but the metric axles seem cheaper.
and i come across SD DRW 60's more often the OBS stuff.

i picked up a entire 02 F350 4WD DRW for dirt cheap minus engine and trans.
gonna swap my 01 body on the frame :sly

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
all 86-97 D60's will drop in your OBS. SRW and DRW is only a hub & rotor change.
the significant differences are:
86-91 axles are the kingpin variety.
92-97 axles are the balljoint type.
96 & 97 axles have the newer style caliper pins and calipers.
the later '99 and up stuff will work but with some modification required.
imho, if I am going to the grief of using a '99 and up axle, I'd go "all in " on the coil spring conversion axle found under the '05 and newer trucks.
hope this helps.
don't forget to get the rear lift blocks to "level out" your D60 conversion

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
They do make dually hub obs dana 60's because I have one lol.mines out of a 92 my buddy has a 94 dually 4x4 and my other buddy has a 97 dually 4x4.there out there you just have to look best bet would be look for a dually f350 cab chassie and thats were your gonna find um.they did make factory regular bed ones to but you rarley see them lol.just tryin to help Ya out

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
They do make dually hub obs dana 60's because I have one lol.mines out of a 92 my buddy has a 94 dually 4x4 and my other buddy has a 97 dually 4x4.there out there you just have to look best bet would be look for a dually f350 cab chassie and thats were your gonna find um.they did make factory regular bed ones to but you rarley see them lol.just tryin to help Ya out

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

I had a 1995 obs f-350 4x4 factory dually chassis cab so yes they did make them

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
I have a ball joint (newer) D60 that had dually hubs. Still have the hubs and the axle, a little far for shipping but if you need the hubs I could probably remove the rotors and check shipping if you can't find anything local.