Damnit....You may call me the torque master now....

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The difference in a better quality return kit and IP and starter and gp's is for an Idi these repairs should be good for 5 years or more. I've sold lots of kits to people that go cheap and are unhappy. Just sayin

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
I overtightened that on my last starter and it spun as well. Would not crank over.. Spun it back and it worked for years ;Sweet

Fwiw I'm running a Powermaster now and very happy with the results.

Cruiseomatic

Defining Insanity
Reaction score
I overtightened that on my last starter and it spun as well. Would not crank over.. Spun it back and it worked for years ;Sweet

Fwiw I'm running a Powermaster now and very happy with the results.

Really? I actually tried that and it didn't work. Maybe I need to turn it a little further. I'll try it. It does need replaced though. Shes moving slow. But not right now. Need a good cab first. Like Now.

Crankybait

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an AutoZone starter on my 7.3. It was on it when I got it 3 years ago... Too bad I won't get a free replacement when/if it does chuck. I work for a major auto parts retailer, I won't say which one, but any part can have a bad run..

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Yeah I have a new unit from autozone on my powerstroke. Works great. Probably been on 4 years or so at least.
Done many of hard cranking and sub freezing cold starts with only a few working glowplugs. Long cranks during fuel supply issues, l9ng cranks through hpop issues, etc. Lol
You can say I've got my money's worth from it already.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Cruiseomatic

Defining Insanity
Reaction score
When I get done with this #$T%#$%#@ core support, I'll try it. 3 hours on a damn bushing that WILL NOT come off. First the bolt rounded off. So, started wrestling the hell out of it.....Got the core off. Now, the half cut bolt is STILL stuck.....I really don't like cutting THAT close to the frame.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh wow.thats a job i couldn't imagine doing without a torch..............it wasn't easy with one!:eek:

Cruiseomatic

Defining Insanity
Reaction score
Did it all without one. One side came out no problem. This side......Get a new grinder wheel and its gone. I don't even own a torch...or have a shop. Just been beating the sheeeet out of it. Worked until this point.