D code injector

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My new injectors arrived today and do appear to look new and still in their original boxes.

They say 3/98 on them which I assume is the date of mfg, they also have a D code stamped on them. What is a D code? Never heard of that one.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
:eek::rotflmaoDEAD..... Wow... You walked right into that one bud.....:sly My shop repair manual lists them as just another injector for our engines. I really can't tell you much about the differances between these A AA B BB C D & G codes. But thats about how many changes they made over the years.cookoo

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:eek::rotflmaoDEAD..... Wow... You walked right into that one bud.....:sly My shop repair manual lists them as just another injector for our engines. I really can't tell you much about the differances between these A AA B BB C D & G codes. But thats about how many changes they made over the years.cookoo

And the G code stands for great? Some of you know that wouldnt be true either. Lol

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I kind of think there isn;t much difference. I had BB in mine that were crap that i repaced with rebuilt BB that werent that great that I replaced with Gs that work fine :dunno I think getting the fuel and timing matched up makes more of a difference than anything

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
:
And the G code stands for great? Some of you know that wouldnt be true either. Lol

Nope... Wrong again.... The G stands for Gary.......:eek::rotflmao;Sweet:hail Gees.... I'm on fire today... Gotcha twice on this one.... Tee Hee.... Honestly Kenny. I don't know why the injectors have the letter names that they do. My international shop manual states that we can mix and march the codes and not have an issue. But it also says not to internally mix parts between injectors nor mix the G codes with any other codes. I'm not willing to test this out either.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
D's were actually a factory choice for N/A engines for a long time. They are about the same as the BB's.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radeon1314

Members online

No members online now.