Cruise control question

93fordturbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking of doing a manual swap in my 85 ccdrw and was wondering if my cruise will still work after the swap. I didn't know if the cruise was related to the transmission or more so the throttle. I had one swapped truck once and cruise didn't work. Maybe a dumb quotation but I was just curious.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
@Dieselcrawler

Corey has done this more than once. I think there is a wiring swap under the dash, no big deal, at the pedal box area..... hopefully he has a better description. It should work after the swap.

kas83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't search the threads I had about getting the cruise working in your other truck. You'll have to go back about 6 years to find them. Lots of info on what to test, check and modify.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
@Dieselcrawler

Corey has done this more than once. I think there is a wiring swap under the dash, no big deal, at the pedal box area..... hopefully he has a better description. It should work after the swap.

Wasn't me boss, I have only done one auto to manual swap, and it is in my off road truck. Wasn't really worried about cruise control in that truck.