CRIMMINIE!!!!!

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well...... today my face has the Ford steering wheel logo emblazoned on it.... noooo didn't get in an accident.... just forgot I installed hydro-boost in it. Oh sure.... tested the brakes in the driveway and all.....but.... then took it out for a spin.

Veeeery first stop sign, brake memory took over and BOOOOOM! SMACK! DOH! :eek: :rolleyes:

Yeah.... the truck stopped! LOL

Daymn that system roxx!!!!

Just finished a hydro-boost with fresh flexible lines at the calipers and axle, pwr steering pump service and 2 return port conversion, cooler service, rad flush, oil/filter change, greased steering links, tightened up AC clutch, r/r diff oil to Royal Purple syn, tightened a few fasteners here-n-there.... now I gotta find paint.

Lexus makes a black cherry metallic I'm thinking about.... what do you think? NO BLUE! :rotflmao Since I like chrome, may go with chrome door guards to match the bumpers and other trim such as head lights door handles, badges, etc.... only thing is, my running boards are gray...not a great match but like them. This is the hardest part.... choosing color!

ah1988ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like chrome ! If the running boards are alum. mabey you could polish them up and make them more shiney, or you could clean them good and get some chrome enamle paint ?
I am dense .. never mind I got it lol

Last edited:

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
At least yours stopped . My first hard stop on the test run at a whopping 15 mph with the hydroboost, I found the one caliper that I hadn't replaced yet... as it promptly blew out and I went rolling on through the intersection with fluid spewing everywhere. Had to throw it in low range and crawl home and replace every other thing that hadnt been done . that extra boost is a real kick LOL

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL. Blue was a consideration, thought I'd draw a few blueboys out with my commentary.

Running boards are plastic, plastic chrome paint looks bad.

As far as brakes, I'm going to relearn my foot and hopefully not shoot the calipers out the truck.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Way back when nothing had even vacuum-boosted brakes, I can many times remember hearing "be careful with that thing; it's got booster-brakes and it'll throw you through the windshield."

I need to get my ducks in a row and convert my truck to hydro-boost.

If my trailers had electric brakes, instead of vacuum-over-hydraulics, I probably already would have went hydro-boost years ago just to be able to stop the trailers.

With the vacuum-over-hydraulics on the trailers, I could dispose of the truck brakes and never know the difference; they STOP with authority.