Crew Conversion Info

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
I did a search and couldn't find what I was looking for so I thought I'd ask.

A. Did Dodge make a crew cab 4x4 250 or 350 in the '85 and older trucks? I've seen several 2wd D350s and there is an article in the Dec 07 Diesel Power mag of a W250 CC LWB conversion. I'm gonna need the 4-doors and 4x4 and I want to keep the Cummins.

2. What is needed to do a CC conversion? Is there a kit out there? If not, can I use my engine mounts and everything from my '93 and swap it straight in? Any special hoses and "stuff" that I'm missing?

H. Since my '93 is a 2wd with the Getrag and I want a 4x4, what problems am I looking at? Did the Getrag come in the '85 and older CC 4x4 trucks? If so is it the same bolt pattern? If not then I guess I'm gonna hafta find another donor trannie and t-case or contact Advance Adapters for something. Also (assuming I cna use the engine mounts from my '93) will the Cummins be positioned for an easy bolt up to the trannie in teh stock location or will I have to make new trannie mounts, adjust drive shaft lengths, etc?

10. What sort of wiring problems can I expect? Did the old CC trucks have the same dash info center like my '93? I'm sure I'll have to scavenge the wiring harness for the info center. Anything else?

F. Other than the gas engine and trim, what other differences are there between the old CC trucks and my Club Cab '93?

ro9beam2002

Reaction score
hey rebel... i use to own a 1985.. w350 crew cab short bed royal se.. one ton drivtrain.. np205.. and the np435 manual tranny with the 360..

conversion wise.. cant help you there.. but i have seen a few on the net that have been done

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online