Crawler version uhh... UPDATED 3/30/13

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...not sure I like the loss of turbo...but yer choice, Diggin the stripped out minimalistic interior!

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
biggest reason was simplicty. i wheeled it for years without one. didnt notice a difference on the trail with it. and since it isnt on the road no more, dont need it. and like i said if i do roll, i need to be able to get the glow plugs out to pump oil outa the cyls. with the turbo the back two cyls on pass side are HARD to get to.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
biggest reason was simplicty. i wheeled it for years without one. didnt notice a difference on the trail with it. and since it isnt on the road no more, dont need it. and like i said if i do roll, i need to be able to get the glow plugs out to pump oil outa the cyls. with the turbo the back two cyls on pass side are HARD to get to.

I fully understand why...I am just not sure I like it...LOL

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
plus like i said, it funds the cage. cage is goign to cost 1000-1500 bucks. sold the turbo setup for 800. already had some saved for it. so got the money now.....

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
plus like i said, it funds the cage. cage is goign to cost 1000-1500 bucks. sold the turbo setup for 800. already had some saved for it. so got the money now.....

Oh It absolutely makes sense to me, I buy/swap/trade/beg parts pieces and what not to git my project working out too...kinda like swappin just my 093 turbo, (not a kit) for other needed parts which I just arranged with a fellow member here! TY:hail

So, swap/sell do what ever it takes, n IFN I got something I can swap u need and I would like say Bronco grill:sly I'ld swap U in a heartbeat to advance my own project;Really:D;Sweet

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Corey,

Looking good!!!! Looks like you will be having fun, and easy to clean out......

But, it looks like you are missing a few things in the cab...... can't quite put my finger on what..... but something definatly looks out of place......

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
yea lots of room in the cab now. pass side i could sit in the seat and just barely touch my toes to the firewall.

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
got the next step home today..... also pipe is ordered..... wont be long now....

You must be registered for see images

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
gota take the stacks off, clean out my tool box and remove the rear fenders. then it will be time to ship it off for the jungle gym install.

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
ok, finally got the good to go. tomorrow it get delivered to where cage work will be done. felt good just to drive it around the property again..
You must be registered for see images

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight