Crawler version uhh... UPDATED 3/30/13

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
duno what version i am on now, but i figured i would make a thread just for it. many have seen my rig either on here in pics or at the rally. it has come a long way since i started with it. now it is time to get serious. after the rally i decided it will be off road use only. tired of trying to get away with it threw Pa inspection and laws. now it is time to go all out.

plans are:
1. strip interior down to bare essentials.
2. strip engine bay down to bare essentials.
3. narrow front end possibly using a 66-77 bronco grille
4. either hydro assist or full hydro steering
5. FULL CAGE- time to be safe
6. make up tube doors for in the warmer months, might leave them on year round.
7. redesign rear half of the truck, possible turning it into a Truggy.
8. if money is there, link the rear axle with either coils or coil overs.

so far i just about have the entire interior out. all that is left is wiring, steering column and pedals and the seat. removed entire heater assy. lots of foot room now.

and dont ask for interior parts, almost all mine were cracked somewhere.

Last edited:

jam0o0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when you get to the cage step post the pictures. i should be building a cage for my bronco soon and i'm trying to get as much info before i start as possible.

haligen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 4x4 club all chipped in and we bought bend-tech tube software. Oh so nice. Bend diagrams, notch templates, and way easy layout.

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
haligen, your still sorta new here. do a search for "the haywagon". i want to build mu cage almost like his. love the way his dash turned out.

haligen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You planning on ditching the factory dash or just cage it? His setup is pretty sweet, only thing I would change would be to triangulate the roof braces. Depending on how his setup is loaded in a rollover looks like it could buckle. Maybe , maybe not, but for a little more DOM to me it would be worth it.

haligen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you get everything pulled take some measurements and if you want I'll see if I can have my buddy who has the clubs software draw up a cage design for you. Then I can email you the bend diagram and notch templates. Would just need to know your bending die size and radius.

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
update time.

havent touched it much due to not having a shop to work in and temos here being 95+. but picked up one thing i needed today, and just set it in place to see how much i want to narrow the front end. the grille is out of a 67 bronco, and it is around 7 inches narrower than the factory setup. i am going to section it and narrow it up even more. i want the grille about the same width as the radiator.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Corey, that certainly changes the look of the truck! Full roll cage or a full exo cage?

Heath

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7