Crawler hauler update

Al_E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try flipping the
light over, Some LEDs are polarity sensative.

White Trash

IDI noob
Reaction score
Try flipping the
light over, Some LEDs are polarity sensative.

You are correct but the only led's on the truck are the brake & tail lights. All the markers are standard incandescent truck lites. I figure they'll do for now and when I am rolling in dough I'll snap them in place of the incandescents. :D

White Trash

IDI noob
Reaction score
You got that flat bed for $200? What a steal! ;Sweet

Heck yea it was a deal that's why I didn't bat an eye on buying it. :D

The bed is welded in place now, the mounts were all close but not exact at all as it was on a 79' and prior truck I'm guessing by the wiring harness and placement of the mounts some of which were right over rivets in the frame. I had to shim the front mount 1/2" and the rear 3/4". The second set back needed 3/16" but the 3rd set was just fine as is.

I moved the exhaust tip back to get it behind the mud flap mounts and the filler necks are in place as of last weekend. It'll be painted completely this week once I change the driver side fender to one without 3/8" of badly done bondo in it. :rotflmao

White Trash

IDI noob
Reaction score
A bit of an update once again. I had noticed there was some bondo in the drivers fender before but didn't pay much attention. I got a wild hair and smacked it with a hammer and found it was a BADLY done repair about 3/8" thick so a call to my local wrecking yard landed me another for $40 in perfect shape. It was even off an 86 f350 dizzle. :D

You must be registered for see images attach

Finally took the truck for a drive last night with the 235's on it. Ordering lugnuts today so I can run the 37's tomorrow and get the rpm's back down.

What a hoot, I love this truck. :D The weather hasn't cooperated this week so it hasn't gotten painted completely but it's getting there.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you were closer i have 3 of those 37's you could have for spares...

Had a deal workig on em, for a bill and a rear end, came with my wheels, but he is AWOL...

I am stepping up larger.... :D

White Trash

IDI noob
Reaction score
Hell I was just through nampa a couple weeks ago... Oh well, thanks anyway. I might actually be headed that direction pretty soon again with the truck. :D

White Trash

IDI noob
Reaction score
Are those 16.5 rims?....and if so what kind of tires are you using?

Yup 16.5's with goodyear mt's off a HMMV. :D

Spent the time tonight to turn up the pump and I must say so far I'm impressed. Not due to performance as I really can't tell a difference at all but it does start WAY faster so it was worth the few minutes it took to turn it one flat. :sly

White Trash

IDI noob
Reaction score
Well the lugnuts came in today so immediately the tires and wheels went on the truck for good of course. :D

The truck is in primer and the wife is painting it today and a buddy is fixing the busted up visor so it'll go back on too.

I am running about 95% WVO in the rear tank as it had about 1/8 tank of red fuel in it when I put the pure WVO in there. It runs smooth and the idle picked up a touch so now it idles at a solid 900 rpm where it was about 750 before if I remember right. It starts quicker now too, I love this stuff. :D

An interesting thing about my speedo... With the 235's it was rather fast, it was reading right at 65 when the GPS said 55. Now with the good years which measure right at 34 1/2" nearly bald as they are the speedo is dead on at 70 and 75 but fast in the lower speeds which is backwards of normal from my past experience... It reads 40 at 35, oh well it's accurate where it really counts.

White Trash

IDI noob
Reaction score
My camera has been on the fritz but I finally managed to get one pic to upload. :D

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your wife painted that? Holy cow that lady has some talent! Looks pretty awesome IMHO.

Somewhat offtopic, but does the truck have 7" round headlights? Cause that's what it looks like in the pic...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Staff online