Crawler hauler update

White Trash

IDI noob
Reaction score
Yup they are 7" round. The parts truck didn't have a grille or headlights so I used the bolt on buckets out of my first gen yota. I have 5 1/4" rounds in it so I have more room for tire movement in the fender. :D

Yes she is a rattle can ninja for sure, the yota will be painted to match and she actually made a stencil of the hood flames so at least that much will match directly but the yota doesn't have enough fender to worry about matching. LOL

Brad it's ok, I do things that others won't so my stuff stay's unique. I don't follow any styling herd, I lead it. ;Really

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great job for a rattle can! I love it. Not crazy about the round headlights though. I don't think they will match the original look of the face, but you do what you want. LOL Your doing great.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good for non shiny... Not sure how I am feeling the round, they will grow on me.

White Trash

IDI noob
Reaction score
I'm going to build a grille out of stamped/expanded steel and 3/4x.065" square for the frame. I need to build a skid plate under the bumper to protect the core support and radiator too.

The yota and ferd will match in color and design, I build all my own stuff as much as possible. Once the truck is done and the yota is finished I need to get back on my 40' 5th wheel flat bed to haul everything. :D

White Trash

IDI noob
Reaction score
Very unique color/light combo! I would've never thought of that but it's growing on me!

LOL All my stuff is like a train wreck, you don't really wanna look but you will anyway. Everything I do is loud in one way or another, The tow pig has a 3" straight pipe and is getting a big dumb stereo system once I'm done getting the yota back up and wheeling. The yota is getting a bigger dumber stereo and a matching paint job to the tow pig to go with its soon to be transplanted V6 with reasonably loud exhaust. Hell even the trailer will be painted to match the whole shebang and be rolling on first gen yota chrome SR5 wheels. My 95 ranger prerunner project will be painted to match too. :D

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally like the round headlight idea, and was contemplating the same on another truck of mine, my 89 GMC, to look more like my 69 GMC. Plus a second set of round headlights on my 77 F250 would be kinda cool...

I'm weird, but also with you on the round headlight idea.

White Trash

IDI noob
Reaction score
Just a minor update, the truck is painted and done for the most part. Still working out a few minor mechanical things and I need to finish the bumper and build a grill but otherwise it's done.

I was preparing the visor to go back on and realized I'd lost the little screw covers. ACE hardware carries some neat stuff so I went there and found exactly what I needed. :D

You must be registered for see images attach

Also just got the yota mobile again and painted to match. They will look dead sexxay rolling down the road together. ;Really

You must be registered for see images attach

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on the ford, i think id go with a 66-77 bronco model type of grille. you would have to make it work, but with the way the frt end is so square, i think that would be about the only way to make it look good.

White Trash

IDI noob
Reaction score
Funny you mention that, a buddy offered me one made of fiberglass to see if it'd work. I think if nothing else a hand made jobber that resembles one would work. :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online