Crankshaft!

paygie94

Reaction score
I'm looking for a crankshaft for my 7.3.

Mine broke and the replacement engine I got.. well.. is in too rough of shape to be fixed.:mad:

Please help me out guys, search your garages high and low... there's gotta be somebody out there that has one lying around. I've searched all over the net and cannot find one!

I'll post of some crazy pictures of my broke crankshaft and the busted up one outta my replacement engine later.

Thanks in advance!

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got two of them in perfect shape, still in the engines that I'm not going to rebuild. Cranks probably weigh around 60 lbs.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
might be cheaper to source one locally vs shipping one 2000 miles.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Payge, I've got several good cores but getting it from Michigan to PA may could be a challenge.

jhenegh

Truck Still Earns its Keep
Reaction score
Yep got one here in IN that came out of the 1990 F350 cavitated truck in my sig

paygie94

Reaction score
Wow i searched all over the net and could not find anything. Been checking on craigslist and so far everyone has been chewed all up like mine. I'm willing to pay shipping, i just really need to get this truck back together!

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why don't you get yours cut and buy new bearings? Crank+shipping is probably more than or equal to machine shop prices.

Unless yours is too far gone or has already been cut too far

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The original poster had the crank break in pieces. I'm wondering if there was any main bearing web damage too. Not much room for a broken crank to spin in the bottom end.

paygie94

Reaction score
The block my broken crank came outta we are trashing.

The block i'm using for my rebuild is at the shop right now getting magnafluxed along with the heads. The crank that came out of that measured .070 before it was even touched by machine. And i haven't seen bearings for that size for sale. And i also just don't want it to be weak in that spot.

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahhhh. Right my bad. Yes 70 under is done. Sadly my tractors can't be cut any more than 20 under because I can't buy bearings.

So what part of the state are you in? East, middle, west?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Nobody that I know of makes a 70 under main or rod rearing. Are you telling us after the crank was measured a bearing was 70 under and smooth or worn ruff from a bearing failure. Is the crank in more than one piece. you did say you broke the crank. I have to ask what that means. Pictures sure would help.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grind a crank 0.070 thousands undersize. WOW Can't be. If that's true, no wonder it broke.