Cranks but will not start

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Mainly. But check the return caps too.
Go to the parts store and get some clear hose. Use it in places to see if you see air bubbles.
Also replace the rubber line at the lift pump. It's a common leak spot. Leave it long with the loop in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cardana24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help so far! I'll start looking for problems with the fuel lines. Hopefully my return lines aren't leaking. They probably only have about 5k miles on them because I replaced them when I did my injectors last year.

cardana24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
something else to note about this that we were talking about earlier. When I pushed the Schrader valve while cranking fuel was squirting out. A soon as I turned the truck off I pushed the Schrader valve again to see if fuel would come out, and nothing at all came out...so either that is supposed to be what happens or my line from the lift pump to the fuel filter looses pressure very quickly.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Could be normal then.
I've really only used electric pumps, except on my Chevy diesel and psd.
Another thing to check is the little check valve thing on the filter head that runs to the injector returns.
Pull it out and see if you can see through it. (Yes=bad)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cardana24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What size fuel line do our trucks use? What type of hose should I be getting? All of my other vehicles are fuel injected, and fuel injection hose is rated for pretty high pressure...I am guessing we don't need this stuff, but do we just use regular fuel hose? Not sure if it's rated for diesel or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online