Couple of vids of me at the track

imelmo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couple of vids of me running at the track. That pass was a 9.52 eighth-mile run. Sux that it was 1/8 mile 'cause I know that would've netted me a 15.2, maybe even a 15.1 in the 1/4. Not too bad for a 7800lb. truck. : )

Additionally, although I did have 2 red-lights, I had three .52 (.02) lights!

I seem to be about the only modded diesel that ever goes there and my friend said the announcer was calling it "the freight train truck" because of all the black smoke, lol.

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=track-burn-out-vid

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=track-pass

imelmo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was in Gulport, MS. It was pretty slippery out there but it eventually tightened up. I'm probably going out there again on May 17th for the All-Ford thing they have.

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
I"ve heard they have some diesel drags over at No Problem but I"ve never been and never hear about it until after it's already past. I'd really like to take my truck out there to see what she'll do. Bad thing is, I need to get some new shoes on it becasue the ones I have are almost as bald as my head.

Brian [><]

imelmo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I went to the last ones they had. They were on April 15th. There were about 36 cars there if I remember right. It wasn't just diesels though, they just added a diesel class. The track was REALLY crowded. You ought to come to Gulfport one weekend. It's usually not very crowded, in fact I made about 5 or 6 time trials and could probably have done about 5 or 6 more. And it's fun to see people's faces when our trucks roll into the staging lanes! I'm probably going again May 17th.

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
It's hard for me to make that haul on a Tuesday, but if they have one on a weekend I"ll probably make the journey. Course, State Capitol over ehre has street races every Friday night on their 1/8th mile but I want to go out there with a group cause I'd hate to have to beat the **** out of a punk with a rice burner.

Brian [><]

imelmo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I must have the wrong date. It's on a weekend. I'll have to check when I get home. Maybe I'll come over to BR one Friday night and help you whoop 'em, lol! :D

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
Hell yeah! Sounds like a plan to me. If they have drags out there on a weekend I"ll probably come if I can plan it right. Between fishing and helping my buddy with his dirt track car and chasing women I don't have a lot of time. ;Sweet :Sly ;)

Brian [><]

imelmo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looked it up; it's sunday, May 15th and there is a truck bracket. $15 entry, gates open at 8am, time trials start at 9am. And it's Fords only.

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
Holy hell, John. How ya been. Haven't heard from you in a ****'s age.

I sure can't stand a cotton picking rice burner. My ex used to run around with those **** and I loved talking smack to her and them. Went to a "car show" in ym truck one evening and just left my nasty-smelling valve-clattering diesel running while they tried to talk.

B [><]

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
race?! where!? Im game!! Now that I know my truck runs consitant times, I'll kick all your buts!!

imelmo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford_Forgotton said:
race?! where!? Im game!! Now that I know my truck runs consitant times, I'll kick all your buts!!

BRING IT, lol! By the way, Gerhardt's said the track in Donaldsonville is probably gonna be doing diesel events pretty regularly now. I'll let you know if I hear when.

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
heh, well, they got 51 days before I am OUT OF HERE for seattle, so gotta get my shots in while I can.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726