Coolant temp sensor

cbarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im curious what type of gauge will work with the factory temp sensor. I have an isspro gauge n it is almost topping out at 250 when the engine is only luke warm...

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you need to use the sending unit that is calibrated specifically to your gauge.the factory one will not work.
search isspro's site for the proper sending unit.
with the factory gauge not worth much,there's really no point in worrying about it working.some guys want both,but ask yourself this;
if the good aftermarket gauge reads fine,but your stock one says your running hot,are you really going to pull over and let the engine cool so the factory gauge is happy even if you know the engine is still well under 240 degrees? if your answer is no,then why even have a dummy gauge wasting your eye sight time? lol.

WhiskeyBottle2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello...If you want your stock gauge and isspro gauge both to work...here's what you have to do...

1. Get the isspro sending unit for your gauge...surprised it didn't come with..
2. If your stock gauge is wrong...you might need a new one...
3. Install isspro gauge using one of your block taps...ie..either one of your block plugs, at your hot engine light on drivers side front of head, at extra port on water pump if not being used, at back of engine drivers side glow plug controller if not used if you have bypassed it...etc..of course all the ports require it's own size adapter...
4. Install stock gauge at original port with new sender for that port...If I remember right it is 1/4"

There you go...If I have made any mistakes...you other guys chime in here and correct me...

cbarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont care if the idiot light with a needle works as I know they are pretty well useless...I was just curious if the factory sending unit would work with an Isspro gauge is all. I have Isspro gauges for eng oil temp, tranny temp and diff temp and I am using autometer sending units. This should also work for coolant I assume...dont see what not if it works for oil.

cbarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometime over the next month or 2 I want to convert the whole dash cluster over to a custom gauge set up using a piece of diamond plate aluminum cut to fit the dash where the plastic piece snaps on and then I can mount any gauge anywhere i want to...haha. The only major part of that is gonna be the speedo as Im not sure how to run a cable drive to an electronic speedo...