Coolant questions!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In preparation for Evans, I'll be adding the small petcocks on the block and perhaps the oil cooler too...when I swap engine into Bronco...In the heat we get here in Okanagan on regular basis, out wheeling slow uphill...I can only imagine what it's gonna be like for temps!

Bottom line, I'm convinced, just not going to be able to till all new!

damac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if memory serves me i remember watching something on tv about this stuff and they were claiming you don't have corrosion or cavitation issues down the line?

having no pressure in the hoses surely would extend their life?

regardless of coolant i have learned on my old diesels to use one of those nice led gages up high where you can set an alarm to go off when you want it. so install it and you will see your typical temps and then you can set it just a tab bit above normal so if something starts to happen you can start watching the gage like a hawk and pull over to see whats up.

also i believe you are going to have to rig something up to rid your system of all the water before you put that stuff in. check them out i think they even have a product to help get that last bit out. i have never had to worry about getting so much water out before but i imagine after flushing you could rig up some shop air through the system to try and get every bit out you can.

our truck blew a few months ago and i haven't got another but im doing this soon on my old vw diesel. darn thing has like 9 specialty coolant hoses which is a joke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online