Converted Another One...

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
Well, my brother just called to tell me he found a '97 F350 Standard cab PSD 4x4 with a 5 speed manual. He found it for $2,500. I asked "What's wrong with it?" It needs a transmission, transfer case, all new belts, radiator, starter, and possibly an intercooler. I told him that by the time he bought the truck and all the parts to put it back together that he'd be into it more than it most likely worth (body is beat up too). He kept talking about how he could "chip" it and make all this HP and torque with it. I finally explained to him the price difference in parts between these older engines and his PSD. He finally agreed that he wouldn't be able to fix it if it broke down on him (truck has been sitting since '05 and has no way to even make sure the engine even runs). I found him a '85 F250 4x4, 8" lift, with a 7.3L Banks turboed diesel and a ZF5 (engine and transmission is outof a '90s truck) for $1,000 right where he lives. He wants me to go look at it with him tomorrow to buy it! I'm glad he called BEFORE he bought that PSD. I might have had to have a brotherly talk with him if he'd paid that much for a parted out POS! :backoff:rotflmao

F350farmboy

The Hornet
Reaction score
Way to go!

My brothers are so stubborn that they would never take my opinion, even if he down right knows I'm right. Especially the oldest, He thinks he's right 100% of the time and hates to be corrected