Continuing difficulties in obtaining new injectors

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New injectors for our IDI's are currently on factory back order, with no expected availability until late November. When they are available again, the price is expected to be higher. I don't know if Russ is finding this to be the case on his side of the country or not, but that's how it stands here getting them from Lucas. New nozzles are still available however, so interim solutions can be had, although it's all a bit of a bother and inconvienence since the price of a new Nozzle is actually a few bucks more than a whole injector, and you wouldn't be getting new threads or a spring. Reman injectors are still available, and the ones I have been getting are very good quality. Still, I would prefer we not have this problem right now, but I wanted to pass the info along.

Diesel Max

93 F-250 4X4 - 7.3
Reaction score
Mel, A little off the subject but do you ever have IP's availabe that have you have rebuilt, where one could buy the pump and then send you the core so down time of the vehicle wouldn't be a problem ???

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
Bummer. With as many IDI's as there are out there it makes you wonder why this even happens :dunno On the bright side at least they are back ordered and not discontinued altogether.

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
I have a set of used injectors I pulled out of my truck when I rebuilt the motor if any one needs a set of cores. 7 are good but one of them committed suicide on removal. The nozzle got stuck in the head and was mangled upon removal.

Just thought I'd throw it out there

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mel, A little off the subject but do you ever have IP's availabe that have you have rebuilt, where one could buy the pump and then send you the core so down time of the vehicle wouldn't be a problem ???

I have worked out exchanges for people in the past. PM me if your interested. It's not the way I prefer to do it, but it can be done.

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can go get some cores from the junkyard cheap if anyone wants. I know of atleast 5 7.3's and 1 6.9 at the junkyard.

Abull78

More boost Mr. Scot
Reaction score
I have several junkyards with cores available aswell. I also have 2 sets of cores, 1 set being a set of bb"s i ran for about 2 weeks.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cores are great, but nobody should have to pay shipping to send them my way. Just hang onto them, and if somebody is in need of a set then send them on and let them pay the freight.

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a reply from Russ the other day, he had to go to a different supplier to get the ones he's sending to me. Sounds like there are some sets hiding out there, but mostly everyone is in the same boat.
Travis..

Dave7.3

Diesel ******
Reaction score
I have several junkyards with cores available aswell. I also have 2 sets of cores, 1 set being a set of bb"s i ran for about 2 weeks.

What shape are those BB code injectors in? I'm still running my original set of injectors and might be looking for a new set sometime soon...

gatorman21218

Reaction score
Hmm what if we got all the active members here make a phone call? I bet they will realize that these are not parts for a studebaker but for trucks that are still on the road in great numbers.

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Where are you finding junkyards around here with IDI's? I was out a couple months back and couldnt find a diesel one in any junkyard.:confused:

George D.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm willing to bet international still has a bunch I've never had to wait more than a day for any injectors for a customers vehicle we always seem to have them at the PDC. And from the sounds of what is going on the suplier is out but bealers probly still have thenm in stock.

George D.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh and there realy isn't a point to keep maufacturing injectors for trucks as old as ours if they keep making nozles and springs there are billions of cores out there and thousands of rebuilders. new is more expensive than rebuilt so most people go with remans so there isn't a high demand for the new. No one makes a new E4OD but they still make parts no one makes a new engine for these truck but they still make parts I don't even think you can buy a new IP But guess what you can still get parts so I don't really see it as a bigg issue that they don't make a new injector for my truck.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mel, I have the same issue, I only have 3 set left and they cost me 6 dollars more each so the next sales will reflect this price.

Normal msupplier said maybe the end of november.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle