Continuing difficulties in obtaining new injectors

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mel, I have the same issue, I only have 3 set's left and they cost me 6 dollars more per inj so the next sales will reflect this price.

Normal supplier also said maybe the end of november.

Also not all remans have new tips, and if they do they could be the very bad aftermarket ones.

Last edited:

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya don't suppose they are waiting until after the November election? :rolleyes:

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think we need to learn how to rebuild these things ourselves if we're serious abut keeping IDIs on the road. Doesn't seem like it would be rocket science, just tedious and time consuming and you need a tester and shims.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mel, I have the same issue, I only have 3 set's left and they cost me 6 dollars more per inj so the next sales will reflect this price.

Normal supplier also said maybe the end of november.

Also not all remans have new tips, and if they do they could be the very bad aftermarket ones.

Yup. That's about the same info I'm getting. I have a Moose Mister customer right now who has agreed to wait until December if need be. I hate having orders out that long, but I guess that's what we are going to have to do.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
There is a reason to manufacture them, they are backordered. Backorder means there is a good amount of demand.

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or it means they're waiting until there's enough of a demand (or enough orders) to make a production run...everyone's going with the "JIT" manufacturing setup nowadays.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Or it means they're waiting until there's enough of a demand (or enough orders) to make a production run...everyone's going with the "JIT" manufacturing setup nowadays.

That also went through my mind, along with waiting for demand to bring the prices up.

Uncle Mater

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I have to agree with the thoughts of ghunt and FordGuy100. In Southern Cal. I see that a lot with different shops whether automotive or not do these types of things to save on money and raise the prices. It makes it more and more frustrating. Out here, the idi's that are on the road are dwindling. Everything is for the PSD's now. That is why this forum and others similar are so important. My hat is off to all that are committed to keep these old girls on the streets and farms. :)

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Your very welcome.... I'm here because many members here and "over there" have helped me with plenty of tight spots so... I'm giving back. I don't ask much in return either....:sly I sometimes wonder where I would be if I had bought a psd.... Would I know as much about them as I do the idi motors... Probably not but I'll bet I could do all my own work on them... Its just the cost of parts and tooling that would kill me plus.... I probably would need a smallish trailer behind me for all those spare parts I like or feel I need behind the rear seat.....:angel::eek:

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do they really need new tips to be reconditioned or remanufactured? Really all we need is a correct pop pressure and good spray pattern. I would bet in most cases that the bad spray pattern comes from being carboned up and the low pop pressure is from crud in the works and could be corrected with shims and a good cleaning. Injectors have always been plentiful and cheap but now it has come to this so if we want to keep them alive at least some of us need to know the ropes of reman ourselves.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most tips do not have a good pattern because theey have lots of miles on them. That is the best reason for new.Also they take a lot of time, there is a reason the cheap ones come from florida, lots of illegal labor to do them. I know I was in Miami buying rebuilt detroit injectors for 23.00, they were less than half price and worked about half the time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online