complete overhaul of front end and....\..O../

romulus

Reaction score
i just finished replacing the following on my dana50 IFS (it forgot straight)

all 4 ball joints...moog
4 tie rod ends and drag links...moog
steering box.... summit racing
both pivot bushings...energy suspension
all 6 spring eye bushings and shackle bushings...energy suspension

and now my front wheels are doing this \...O.../

i have camber adjustments in there and have never adjusted them.

do i have to break loose both upper and lower ball joints to move the adjustment sleeves? if so that would really be bad as its hard to break the joints loose with a pickle fork and not damage the boots, also would really hate to pull those axles again to get to the nut on the lowers. damn i sure wish i would have pulled those adjusters out and greased them.

and if anyone is planning to replace their pivot bushings, better get some friends to help if you're doing it on the ground, that is some heavy business. i'm so sore and bruised up today...feel like a just played a game of football.

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
they fix that when you have an alignment done. gotta align it anyways after having it all torn down and replaced. they adjust those camber sleeves

and pivot bushings are no fun. another reason i want a dana 60.

romulus

Reaction score
yes but i wanted to make sure the camber adjusters were not seized before i took it to the alignment shop....afraid they might go medieval on it and mess up my brand new joints.

i've never moved them so i don't know if i have to break the joints loose before i can spin the adjusters.

romulus

Reaction score
looks like i have one stock camber adjuster and one aftermarket adjustable one. think i'm going to have to pull the axels and hubs again and work on those adjusters and perhaps replace the stocker with an adjustable one.

i am sure they are both seized/rusted together.

the guys at the alignment shop will just beat things with a hammer damaging them and then blame the truck so they can charge me some more money, i have real bad luck with shops around here. that is why i want to make sure those camber adjusters are greased up and easy to turn before i take it to those experts.

anybody know where to get a good set of adjustable ones? checked oreilly didn't see any.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks like i have one stock camber adjuster and one aftermarket adjustable one. think i'm going to have to pull the axels and hubs again and work on those adjusters and perhaps replace the stocker with an adjustable one.

i am sure they are both seized/rusted together.

the guys at the alignment shop will just beat things with a hammer damaging them and then blame the truck so they can charge me some more money, i have real bad luck with shops around here. that is why i want to make sure those camber adjusters are greased up and easy to turn before i take it to those experts.

anybody know where to get a good set of adjustable ones? checked oreilly didn't see any.
1)i sell the adjustable camber/caster sleeves.
2)i also do alignment work. no, i am not the cheapest nor do we go medieval on suspensions unless it's removing stuck spindles. there's no getting around a BFH there.

Attachments

• SL373310.JPG
    SL373310.JPG
    861.3 KB · Views: 8