COMPLETE 1993 7.3 IDI engine bent rod - 300.00

ferrellmedia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Engine is complete, clean, I pulled out of my 1993 F350, it has 146k miles, back passenger cylinder either cavitated or water got in from the top, always ran perfectly, placed brand new injector pump and injectors (didn't know about SCA's neither did my dad so it may have cavitated don't know for sure) went to start one morning and clunk, bent the rod in the back passenger cylinder.

Everything else looks good, no additional cracks that I can see etc, rod just bent enough on the compression stroke when starting to hang up on the block, truck never started, happened just as it was turning over.

The brand new injection pump and injectors went on the rebuild which came with what I was told was a rebuilt injector pump and injectors, that is what you get with this engine.

Engine is complete, has everything except a good oil pan, pan had a rust spot that had a hole in it.

No brakets to front of engine but it has v-belt drive and also comes with flywheel.

I don't want to part it out, just want it out of my garage, 300.00 seems like a fair price, drive to my house in Coral Springs, FL and I put it in the back of your truck in a crate (that I've already built, comes with it) and you give me 300.00...

Included, injector hard lines, intake, valve covers, dipstick, glowplug relay, glowplugs, 8 injectors, injector pump, heads (which only 146K miles) and engine is CLEAN was well cared for with exception of SCA's we just didn't know.

call me or email me, JIm
nine five four, two three two, nine four nine six

First 300 gets it.

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
I take it that's your ad on CL in South Florida? You figured out that it hydro locked and just bent the rod from water getting into the cylinder? Not from cavitating?

ferrellmedia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is really no way of knowing for sure how the water got into that back cylinder.

It was raining really hard overnight, and the top of the breather cover have water sitting on top of it the morning it

The rubber seal around the back of the hood had a section missing on the truck which let the water in.

But I will admit, the truck was babied by my family since new, but nobody ever knew about SCA levels in the radiator, so it's 50/50 as tothe root cause.

Yes, that is my ad on cl.

Even if the block is cavitated, the heads, pump and injectors are worth more than 300.00, don't you think?