COLLECTION for TIming meter PROBE for Gary...come n join the list!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey ya all...So in Gary's thread of Dissapointed in timing meter condition,
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?58730-Dissapointed-In-Timing-Meter-Condition
I suggested we begin a collection/donation to give back to Gary what he so freely started for us so far we have a few who wish to contribute

My hope is that we raise enough funds to replace that magnetic probe for his timing meter!

Members wishing to support the replacement of the probe can PM me for Paypal info. As Gary mentioned mark it a gift...which it is and there will be no service fees added/taken from payment.

Lets help Gary, and see if we can revive this program...

Al

Gary has a collection of meters and started this program that has been very helpful to many here, and could continue to be helpful if we made some adjustments to the program. Deposit, and shipping to from I'm sure that can be worked out later and it is still less expensive than paying a shop; especially when you have the resident :hailguru's tele # for some direct assistance with your rig. I know if I didn't already own a meter and it was VIABLE...I'd be all over this. Gary's commitment to the community is second to none and I'd like to help give back.

I suggest either paypal or I know I know...it's not supposed to be mailed but cash in a Christmas card;Sweet seems to get to it's destination...LOL least it did when I was a kid!

So copy and past the names...below into your response and add BOTH your user name and a first name for now...and your donation amount you wish to contribute,

Gdhillon, gavin: $ 10

Guys...this is awesome ....just awesome....
I suggest either paypal or I know I know...it's not supposed to be mailed but cash in a Christmas card;Sweet seems to get to it's destination...LOL least it did when I was a kid!

So copy and past the names...below into your response and add BOTH your user name and a first name for now...and your donation amount you wish to contribute,

So far...
riotwarrior Al $20.00 NEW CANADIAN BILL...ROFL...plastic money
Dave Barbieri Dave Barbieri $10.00
jwoods99 Jim $10.00
justinray Justin $10.00
ziggyman John $10.00
GOOSE John $10.00
subway Jared $10.00
dgr David $40.00
MOWOG Jim R $10.00
cbarm Chris $10.00
idi_econoline Rich $10.00
linkman440 ??? $10.00
international ??? $20.00
gdhillon Gavin $10.00

enough people get in on this and it will make a difference!

Please people just copy and past the names from this list add your USER NAME and a first name and amount to bottom of list...Thanks...

I just received this info from Gary this morning...He is fully aware of this thread, and is from what I sense humbled by the support.

Good morning Al..

..I guess it would be best if you have those that want to contribute to this give you a pm for my paypal account name. That way its not spread al over the web and world. Thats how I did the payment for the timing meters. I also found out something interesting about paypal payments. They charge a fee for making them. I think that sucks. a member that rented a meter told be that the sender has a choice of what the payment is to be. If the sender marks the payment as a gift there is no fee for making the payment to me. Some used it and some didn't...... Thanks again for this thoughtful way of helping this much needed program get back on track.. Gary

Members wishing to support the replacement of the probe can PM me for Paypal info. As Gary mentioned mark it a gift...which it is and there will be no service fees added/taken from payment.

Lets help Gary, and see if we can revive this program...

Al

Last edited:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry I didn't add the amount, 10 is fine. How much is the probe anyways?

Well I got my one working meter back yesterday.... Sadly the magnetic probe has some electrical tape on the wires and the end that plugs into the meter has pulled the wires parkly out od the plug. Thats a $375.00 part. So now what should I do... Require a deposit and when done with the meter ship it back to me so I can "see" any damage. Lately I have been having the person that has it ship it directly to the next member on the list. Looks like I can't trust the good members here to take care of my meters. I have three members that have had this meter shipped to them from others so its tuff pointing the finger at and asking for moneys to repair the probe. I will be testing this meter with another probe from another like meter. So... To the good member that destroyed this great program I say SHAME ON YOU... Man up.. You will never get another meter from me thats a given nor will I attempt to answer any of your engine questions. I have a very good idea who you are too.

That about sums it up....pun intended....

jlwoods99

Reaction score
Hey ya all...So in Gary's thread of Dissapointed in timing meter condition,
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?58730-Dissapointed-In-Timing-Meter-Condition
I suggested we begin a collection/donation to give back to Gary what he so freely started for us so far we have a few who wish to contribute

My hope is that we raise enough funds to replace that magnetic probe for his timing meter!

Gary has a collection of meters and started this program that has been very helpful to many here, and could continue to be helpful if we made some adjustments to the program. Deposit, and shipping to from I'm sure that can be worked out later and it is still less expensive than paying a shop; especially when you have the resident :hailguru's tele # for some direct assistance with your rig. I know if I didn't already own a meter and it was VIABLE...I'd be all over this. Gary's commitment to the community is second to none and I'd like to help give back.

So far...
riotwarrior Al $10.00
jwoods99 Jim $10.00
justinray Justin $10.00

Sorry, I'm in at $10

bagpiperjosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i Would chip in for that as well, just give me a few weeks. I need to time my engine pretty badly

Ziggyman

Reaction score
I'm down for donating to the good cause

So far...
riotwarrior Al $10.00
jwoods99 Jim $10.00
justinray Justin $10.00
ziggyman John $10.00

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm down for donating to the good cause

So far...
riotwarrior Al $10.00
jwoods99 Jim $10.00
justinray Justin $10.00
ziggyman John $10.00

Might not be much...but it's something...hopefully a few more jump in too...

PM me and I"ll provide an address...I will NOT POST it publicly and appreciate that no one else does as well.

Al

Oh our new PLASTIC.....yes....PLASTIC $20.00 bills are out...look like this...no they don't have specimen on them LOL

You must be registered for see images

Ya that's some funny *****...20's 50's and 100's are all plastic now!

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
So far...
riotwarrior Al $10.00
jwoods99 Jim $10.00
justinray Justin $10.00
ziggyman John $10.00
GOOSE John $10.00

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
It's hard for me to quote it right on my phone but you can add subway Jared for another 10

Coyote_Red

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spent way too much this weekend on a wheeling trip. I will throw in a little in the next few weeks.

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
riotwarrior Al $10.00
jwoods99 Jim $10.00
justinray Justin $10.00
ziggyman John $10.00
GOOSE John $10.00
subway Jared $10.00
dgr David $40.00

Do I get the name of the person who effed this for everyone?

MOWOG

Gearhead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't have been able to time my truck without Gary's meter... put me down for $10. MOWOG Jim R

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
riotwarrior Al $10.00
jwoods99 Jim $10.00
justinray Justin $10.00
ziggyman John $10.00
GOOSE John $10.00
subway Jared $10.00
dgr David $40.00
MOWOG Jim R $10.00

Thanks guys...this is picking up some momentum now...great stuff...!!!

Do I get the name of the person who effed this for everyone?
NOPE....I would think that is between Gary on the offending party, I'd be happy to hear Gary say he was contacted and ya guy admitted stupidity and it's dealt with...but I am jaded and think the offending party has no nuts and won't man up...and likely has moved along from the forum....just a guess...but tis my best guess...

I wouldn't have been able to time my truck without Gary's meter... put me down for $10. MOWOG Jim R

Thanks MOWOG yer in!

Too bad the offending OP wouldnt chime in....he wouldn't have been able to time his truck either without Gary's Meter!....

cbarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Havnt timed my truck or think I will as its sitting for the winter now but I'll be more then happy to chip in $10 for the sorry SOB that ****** this all up for Gary...

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
Haven't found anyone shop-wise I'd trust to time mine for me, so I may well end up on the meter-waiting-list myself at some point. Lucky for me, it's running quite well. Kudos to hydro-idi for helping me set it. :hail

Even if the above weren't true, I'd still help. A whole-lotta $10 contribs will add up fast! ;Sweet

riotwarrior Al $10.00
jwoods99 Jim $10.00
justinray Justin $10.00
ziggyman John $10.00
GOOSE John $10.00
subway Jared $10.00
dgr David $40.00
MOWOG Jim R $10.00
cbarm ?? $10.00
idi_econoline Rich $10.00